Spend a fun and delightful day at your own pace at the Yokohama Zoo Zoorasia. Get a close look at a wide variety of animals spread across 8 ecological sections that closely resemble their natural habitat.
- Visit the unique Yokohama zoo with minimal fencing which allows you to see animals as closely as possible.
- Be fascinated by the environment the animals are kept in, surprisingly similar to their natural habitat.
- Explore 8 ecological zones that will give you a feel of the original regions such as Asian Tropical Forest, Subarctic Forest, and Amazon Jungle.
- See unique animals such as proboscis monkeys, polar bears, and other rare species, making it a unique learning experience for kids especially.
- Create precious memories with your kids with activities such as feeding horses and camel riding (additional charges may apply).
- Admission to Yokahoma Zoo Zoorasia
- Food and drinks
- Activities such as camel riding
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
A Fun Day Out at Yokohama Zoorasia
If spending a day around various species of animals, plants, and other natural surroundings is what you have in mind, then the Yokohama Zoo is just where you need to be. Experience the joy of being close to species of monkeys, bears and many other animals, with very less fencing which makes the zoo unique and fun. Navigate around the zoo easily and in an organized manner, following the eight ecological zones set up for easy reach to your favorite variety of animals.
What are the Ecological Zones?
The 8 distinct zones are:
- Asian Tropical Forest: Meet rare Asian species, such as the Indian Elephant and the Sumatran Tiger.
- Subarctic Forest: Explore an imitation of the mountainous area with polar bears and golden takin.
- Steppes of Oceania: Watch red kangaroos frolic around a terrain characterized by large rocky areas and tall eucalyptus.
- Highlands of Central Asia: See some of the world's rarest animals, including proboscis monkeys that are raised only in Japan.
- Japanese Moutain Village: Discover Japan's extensive biodiversity, including Japanese macaques and the Tsushima wildcat.
- Amazon Jungle: See the animals that live in the domain of creeping roots and marshes, including the only bear in the South American continent.
- African Rainforest: See unique creatures like okapi in the recreation of the Congo River Basin.
- African Savanna: Discover a mixture of herbivores and carnivores in the prairie landscape of the savanna.
know before you go
know before you go
- On Saturdays, guests aged 18 and under can enter free of charge.
- Facilities: Wheelchair Accessibility, Pram/Stroller Accessibility, Restroom, Nursing Spaces.
- You cannot enter the park with pets. Certified assistance dogs can enter the park, but there are some areas where they cannot be seen.
- Please refrain from flash photography of animals.
- The following items are not allowed:
- Playground equipment that may enter the animal exhibition area due to the wind: balloons, soap bubbles, etc.
- Outdoor playground equipment that may be a nuisance to other guests: balls, bats, rackets, frisbees, kites, jump ropes, radio-controlled (drone), etc.
- Strollers Vehicles other than wheelchairs (roller skates, skateboards, kickboards, bicycles, tricycles, unicycles, etc., including roller shoes)
- Items that make noise, such as musical instruments and whistles.
- Tents (those that use stakes), tables, etc.
- Wed - Mon: 9:30am - 4:30pm (admission until 4pm)
- Closed on Tue, and from 29 Dec to 1 Jan. Wed will be closed if Tue is a public holiday.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Zoorasi.
- Address: Zoorasia, 1175-1 Kamishiranecho, Asahi Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa 241-0001.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest bus stop is Yokohama Zoo Bus Stop. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the attraction.
- Take Route 136 to get you there.