Windsor Castle Entrance Tickets with Multimedia Guide
Visit the favorite residence of the royal family, the Windsor Castle. Explore its lavish State Apartments and learn about the rich history of the British monarchy. You will even get to visit St. George's Chapel, where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tied the knot in 2018!
- Explore the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world with a multimedia guide for company.
- Take a walk through one of the official residences of Her Majesty The Queen.
- See the lavish State Apartments and marvel at the artwork by celebrated painters such as Holbein and Rubens.
- At St George’s Chapel, see the resting place for many past monarchs, including Henry VIII and Jane Seymour.
- From Oct to Mar, you have the opportunity to visit the Semi-State Apartments, once the private apartments for George IV.
- Entry to the State Apartments
- Visit St George’s Chapel
- Entry to the Semi-State Apartments (Oct to Mar)
- Multilingual multimedia guide
- Hotel transfers
- Refreshments at Undercroft Café
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Pick up your handy multimedia guide and get started on a fascinating journey through 1,000 years of royal history through the Castle occupying over 10.5 hectares. At the magnificent State Apartments, you can see some of the finest works from the Royal Collection. These works seamlessly reflect the changing tastes of the Castle's royal occupants, especially those of Charles II and George IV. Along with masterpieces from the likes of Holbein, Rubens and Van Dyck, you can admire some exquisite specimens of English and French furniture.
Head to St. George’s Chapel from there and see the final resting place of former monarchs like Henry VIII and Jane Seymour, Queen Mary, Charles I, Edward VII, and Queen Alexandra. It is one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in England, so don't miss the chance to admire its stone ceiling and ornate walls. It is also the very chapel that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were wed in 2018.
The Semi-State Apartments are the private apartments created for George IV. From Oct to Mar, you will be able to feast your eyes on some of the most elaborately decorated rooms in the Castle with richly colored wallpaper and golden furniture. Generously woven into the tour are the treats to the senses, from the music of St George’s Chapel choir to the chimes of the famous collection of clocks.
Don't forget to drop by for refreshments at the Undercroft Café. Built in 2020, the Café occupies one of the oldest spaces of the Castle.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House is open under controlled conditions with air quality monitoring and capacity management in operation.
- Toilets and baby-care facilities are located after the Security Hall near the start of your visit, on the North Terrace before the entrance to the State Apartments, and next to the Undercroft Café. Capacities are being managed with an enhanced cleaning regime in operation. Ask a Warden if you need assistance.
- Perspex screens are in place at the checkouts and till points.
- The Semi-State Rooms are included in the visitor route during the winter months. Standard admission charges will apply. The Semi-State Rooms are not open on days when the State Apartments are closed.
- Make sure to wear comfortable footwear as there is a moderate amount of walking involved.
- The Castle's Admission Centre provides an audio descriptive tour for blind or partially-sighted visitors.
- While photographs can be taken outside the Castle buildings, it is not permitted inside St George's Chapel and the State Apartments.
- There is a secure cloakroom in the China Museum at the entrance to the State Apartments for the storage of large items of baggage. However, it is not advisable for you to carry large bags as the Admission Centre is about 10 minutes away from the cloakroom and it is an uphill walk.
Windsor Castle Schedule & Timings
The Castle is open from Thursday to Monday (with a few exceptions when the Castle is in use for official functions.)
1 Mar to 31 Oct
- Thu to Mon: 10am to 5:15pm (last admission at 4pm)
1 Nov to 31 Mar 2023
- Thu to Mon: 10am to 4:15pm (last admission at 3pm)
Note: Entrance to the State Apartments closes 30 minutes after the last admission time.
As Windsor Castle is a working royal palace, sometimes the entire Castle or the State Apartments within the Castle need to be closed at short notice.
- 31 Mar 2022: Castle closed.
- 12-13 Jun 2022: Castle closed.
- 24-26 Dec 2022: Castle closed.
Castle Closing Early Dates
- 5 May 2022: last admission between 2pm to 2:30pm. Castle closes at 3:45pm.
- 4 June 2022: last admission between 2:30pm to 3pm. Castle closes at 4:15pm.
- 30 June 2022: last admission between 2pm to 2:30pm. Castle closes at 3:45pm.
St George's Chapel Timings
- Open on Mon, Thu, Fri, and Sat from 10am to 4:15pm (last admission at 4pm).
- No scheduled closures. This is subject to change.
- St George’s Chapel is also closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.
- The Semi-State Rooms are open to the public during the winter months from Oct 2022 to Mar 2023. Standard admission applies.
- The Semi-State Rooms are not open on days when the State Apartments are closed.
Multimedia Guide Languages
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese and British Sign Language
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please print your voucher and present it at the attraction, along with a valid photo ID.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at - Windsor Castle's Admission Centre .
- To locate the redemption point on Google Maps, search for - Windsor Castle's Admission Centre.
By Bus: Get off at the Barclays bus stop. From there, the Castle's entrance is a mere 1-minute walk.
By Train: Disembark at the Windsor & Eton Central station. From there, the castle's entrance is a 7-minute walk.
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout.