Guided Tour Of St. Mark's Basilica with Gondola Ride
Breathe in the opulence of the floating city with a delightful 30-minute gondola ride. After which, you will get the chance to explore the iconic Mark’s Cathedral, the beating heart of Venice, in a hassle-free guided tour with skip the line access.
- Enjoy the grandeur of Venice through its canals in the iconic gondola on a 30-minute shared gondola ride.
- Explore the waterways and the celebrated parts of the Grand Canal including the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Desdemona’s House, and Mozart’s House.
- Discover St. Mark's Basilica, the beating heart of Venice, on an immersive guided tour, available in English, German, Spanish, French, and Italian.
- Expert tour guide
- 30-min Gondola ride
- Skip-the-line entry into St. Mark’s Basilica & Pala d'Oro
- Shared guided tour of St. Mark’s Basilica
- Expert tour guide
- Map & descriptions of the Palaces
- Audio receiver devices (tour group > 10)
- Commentary during the gondola ride.
- Food and beverages.
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Enjoy the Grandeur of Venice on a 30-Minute Shared Gondola Ride
On this delightful 30-minute Gondola ride, you will get the chance to marvel at the Mozart House, as well as the worldwide famous La Fenice Theatre. You will proceed along the Rio (Canal) “De le Ostreghe” leading into the most enchanting part of the Grand Canal, where you will admire the Peggy Guggenheim Collection. You will also cruise past the Salute Church and Punta della Dogana. Enjoy great views of Venice's top attractions from a unique vantage point.
Discover St. Mark's Basilica on an Immersive Guided Tour
After the gondola ride, you will join a small group guided tour for the St. Mark’s Basilica, known as Basilica di San Marco, the cathedral dates back to 1092 AD. Built in the Italo-Byzantine and Gothic architecture, it has the most awe-inspiring façade facing the Piazza San Marco. The basilica is Venice’s most iconic landmark and harks back to the era when Venice was the economic and cultural powerhouse of Europe. Its decadent gold ground mosaics and majestic design lend it the epithet ‘Chiesa d’Oro or the Church of Gold.
This tour is perfect for those who are looking for a typical Venetian experience as well as a brief history lesson on the floating city! With tours like these, we guarantee you a picture perfect visit to Venice.
know before you go
- The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party; each gondola can host a maximum of 6 people.
- The seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending on guest’s weight.
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- French-Guided Tour
- Italian-Guided Tour
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (children aged between 2-5 years) are available at a reduced price of 32 EUR. Participants above the age of 5 pay full price.
St. Mark’s Cathedral is a religious place of worship and therefore, it is advisable to wear clothes that cover your knees and elbows. Shorts and tank tops will not be allowed.
Unfortunately, this gondola cruise is not wheelchair accessible and it not suitable for participants with impaired mobility.
The Basilica does not have any baggage facilities. Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (as there are no storage facilities).
- You will receive an email confirmation with your Skip the Line St. Mark's Basilica Guided Tour with Gondola Ride vouchers shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Meet your tour guide in front of Ufficio Postale Poste Italiane, Calle Larga Ascensione, 1255, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
- Landmark : Behind Museo Correr
- Your guide will be waiting for you right in front of the post office.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Ufficio Postale Poste Italiane.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
Getting ThereBy Ferry: Board line B and get off at the S.Marco station. Walk onto Piazza San Marco/Salita S. Moise. Turn left onto Calle Larga Ascensione and on your left, you will see Ufficio Postale Poste Italiane and Museo Correr to either side.
Note: Late arrivals and people who miss their tour will be considered a no-show and will not be eligible for a refund.
The tour reservations have strict timings. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again (subject to availability).