Special Early-Morning or After-Hours Access - Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel VIP Tour
On this guided tour, you will enter the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel before the general public, which means you will be able to the skip the ticket line and start to enter at 8:00 AM. In the company of an expert guide, you will be able to gain access to the museums more than an hour before the scheduled opening time and enjoy the treasures of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel in solitude and peace.
- Get early, priority access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- While the Vatican Museums open at 9 AM, you will be able to enter the museum just before 8 AM before the general public and enjoy an immersive guided tour of these iconic attractions
- Enjoy cozy groups of no more than 10-15 guests at a time
- Choose from early morning entry and after-hour exclusive night entry
- Beat the tourist crowds with either the early entrance or after-hour tour
- Early-morning/after-hour entry into The Vatican Museums.
- Access to the Sistine Chapel.
- Escorted tour.
moderate cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
Enjoy Early Access or After-Hour Access Along with a Guided Tour
This guided tour provides you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the Vatican Museums just before it opens or closes for the day to the general public. You will be able to explore the galleries of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel, with a local expert. With thousands of visitors flocking to the museums every day, it is one of the most crowded attractions in Rome. This tour, however, allows you to peacefully experience the beauty of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel when it is comparatively less crowded.
Marvel at the Masterpieces Housed Within the Vatican Museums
After you meet your guide at the top of the steps near the bar “Caffe Vaticano" (Viale Vaticano, 100), you will make your way to the Vatican Museums before opening time. Your guide will lead you through some of its most important galleries and show you the highlights of the Vatican Museums. The Vatican Museums are home to a number of classical sculptures and paintings by Renaissance greats such as Raphael, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, Bernini, and Leonardo da Vinci.
Walk into the Marvelous Sistine Chapel and St.Peter's Basilica
The tour will continue on to the Sistine Chapel, which is attached to the end of the Vatican Museums complex. Here, you will come face to face with some of the most important works of art ever created, some that are considered to be cornerstones of western art. The most impressive among them will be the marvelous ceiling that was painted by Michelangelo in a span of 4 years. Another iconic piece is The Last Judgement, also painted by the great Michelangelo. After visiting the Sistine Chapel, you will walk into the most massive church you've ever seen, filled with artwork of all the most famous artists you've ever heard of. You will get to walk in through the massive front entrance of St. Peter's Basilica, without waiting in line, into what is considered the most opulent church in the world. Here you will see some of the highlights of the Basilica such as the Baldacchino, La Pieta, the Statue of St. Peter and other masterpieces.
Visiting the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's can be a once in a lifetime affair. Our immersive guided tour guarantees that you have an unforgettable experience exploring the depths of the papal seat of power, with interesting insights, great photo-ops, and even greater prices!
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- Early morning entrance
- After-hours exclusive night entrance
- Please note that you will be unable to return to the Vatican Museums from St. Peter's Basilica. So if you would like to spend more time inside the museums, you will need to forgo the Basilica portion of the tour. Please do inform your guide about the same at the beginning of the tour. Remember to turn in your headset to your guide and do not continue with the rest of the group to St. Peter's Basilica.
- If you would like to stay in the St. Peter's Basilica longer, please do not leave with the guide to take photos in the square since the security line is long and re-entry on your own is not recommended. Since there is little commentary provided in the Square, feel free to stay back and explore the square on your own.
This tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel takes place on all days except Sunday. Please arrive at the meeting point by 7:15 AM. St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel is often subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. Moreover, on Wednesday mornings, the Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square.
Subway/Metro: The Vatican museums entrance lies between the “Cipro” & “Ottaviano” stops on the metro line A, the orange line. The meeting point is on Viale Vaticano, 100, which is a few minutes' walk from each of the metro stops.
Taxi: It is very important that you tell the driver “Caffè Vaticano” or Musei Vaticani. Our meeting point is a few feet away. Make sure you check for us on the other side of the street just in case your driver drops you off opposite the caffè.
Walking: From St. Peter’s Square, take via di Porta Angelica and follow the Vatican walls (on your left-hand side) closely until you reach Piazza del Risorgimento. Turn left and continue following the Vatican walls until you reach Viale Vaticano. Turn left onto Viale Vaticano and cross over to the other side of the street. Walk up the street and you’ll find our meeting point about 100 feet away. Please be warned that this is at least a 15-minute walk.
Use your smartphone: Type the words "Caffè Vaticano" into your phone’s navigation system and the directions will bring you just a few feet away from the top of the staircase!
Please be dressed appropriately. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- At the Meeting Point, please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Students who have purchased discounted tickets must show their valid Student IDs to verify age and gain entry.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
The exact meeting point information will be present on the confirmation voucher. Please read that information carefully.