Full Day Guided Tour of Vatican and Colosseum with Skip The Line Access
Explore the jewels of Rome, the Colosseum and the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel on this full day tour that will allow you to immerse yourself in Ancient Roman history and culture with no waiting in line!
- Reserved Vatican Museums access
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Special Access and tickets to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Expert English-speaking tour guides
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours days in advance for a full refund.
With this special combo, you will visit the two single-most important attractions in Rome, the Vatican and the Colosseum, in a single day. This tour includes visits to Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill. Better than skipping the line at the entrance to these attractions is the fact that you can take advantage of the No Wait Access special entrance at the Vatican and enjoy skip the line access to all other venues. In addition, the tour routes, specifically designed by expert local guides, you will save you the time you would've spent waiting in lines and have more time to enjoy the sites.
In the morning, you will follow a carefully planned itinerary throughout the Vatican Museums, visiting the most famous rooms, such as the Sistine Chapel and the Raphael Rooms, plus a wide variety of galleries full of ancient sculptures, tapestries, medieval maps, paintings, and precious relics.
Your expert English-speaking guide will teach you about the personalities and stories behind the artworks – bringing an ancient collection to life. You will learn about the hidden details in Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescoes, such as the punishing way he painted his enemies as well as his own personal message to the Pope. From the Sistine Chapel, you will enter directly to St. Peter’s Basilica*, to visit the stunning masterpieces that lie within. You will see Michelangelo’s Pieta and the magnificent altar, not to mention the basilica itself and its impressive dome which is one of the largest in the world.
Enjoy some free time on your own to have lunch at a local restaurant or go for a stroll in the center of Rome, experiencing the Roman lifestyle. In the early afternoon, you will start your adventure at the Colosseum, one of the world’s most iconic sights. The guides, who are experts in history and archaeology, will take you back to ancient times recounting the battles and politics that played out here and how this incredible amphitheater once hosted re-enactments of sea battles. No visit to ancient Rome would be complete without going a little further back to its origin. You will explore Palatine Hill, where Romulus founded the city that would become Rome, and the Roman Forum, the economic and political heart of Ancient Rome.
know before you go
At the time of checkout, you will have the option to book tickets for both adults and children. Child tickets have reduced pricing so please select these according to the age specified for these tickets. Please carry valid ID for all members in your party for whom you're booking reduced pricing tickets to confirm their age if required.
This tour begins at 10:00 AM. The tour will begin with the Vatican Museums tour. The Colosseum tour will begin at 3 PM. The duration of this tour is 9 hours (including a 3-hour break for lunch). Guided tours of the Vatican and Colosseum last 3 hours each. No transfer is provided.
• You are required to be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to your tour.
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
• Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
• On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter’s Basilica & Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience.
• Please note that our vendor will be unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. They will be unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages as well.
• Please note that in case of unexpected closures of some of the areas inside the Museums, the guide may have to modify the itinerary slightly. For example, if some of the internal connecting areas are closed for safety reasons, Raphael's Rooms may be replaced by the Pio Clementino Museum, where the Laocoon and Apollo Belvedere statues are situated.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your mobile voucher via email shortly. No need to print. Please download the voucher on your mobile phone and display it for the guide at the meeting point.
For the Vatican Museums Tour: At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition.
You can find the Google Maps link here
For the Colosseum Tour: At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo".
You can find the Google Maps link here
Our City Wonders co-ordinators will be wearing a blue t-shirt or jacket for easy recognition.