Combo (Save 5%): Tickets to Vatican Museums & Colosseum with Sistine Chapel
Use this combo ticket to get entry to two of Rome's most famous landmarks - The Vatican Museum and the Colosseum!
Select your ticket type
- Visit two of Rome's most sought-after attractions with a single money-saving ticket.
- Enjoy entry to the Vatican Museums, home to some of the most impressive art in the world.
- Discover era-defining art by Michelangelo, Raphael, da Vinci, and Titian, amongst others.
- The collection spans 54 galleries and includes the Gallery of Maps, Raphael’s Rooms, and more.
- Marvel at the stunning frescoes that adorn the walls of the world-famous Sistine Chapel.
- Get access to the Colosseum, a landmark synonymous with Rome itself.
- These timed tickets also give you access to the Roman Forum, the hub of socio-economic life in Ancient Rome, as well as the Palatine Hill, from where you can take in unparalleled views of the city.
- Listen to an introductory commentary about the ancient Roman sites through a digital audio guide.
- Entry into the Vatican Museums
- Entry into the Sistine Chapel
- Access to the Colosseum
- Access to the Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Access to the 1st and 2nd floors of the Colosseum
- Audio guide ONLY for Colosseum
- Booking and handling fee
- Audio guide for Vatican Museums
- Tickets to St. Peter's Basilica
- A guide accompanying you on the tour
- Access to the Colosseum's 4th and 5th floors or the Underground
Cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
Get access to two of Rome's treasures - the Vatican Museums and the Colosseum, with a single ticket!
The Vatican Museums
At the Vatican Museums, finish your security check, get your voucher scanned at the ticket office, and explore a whole world of art for as long as you like. Admire classical sculptures, tapestries, and paintings by Renaissance greats like Raphael, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, Bernini, and Leonardo da Vinci. There's an entire section devoted to Modern Religious Art, where you'll find pieces by van Gogh, Dalí, and Picasso. Must-visit sections of the Vatican Museums include the Raphael Rooms, the Gallery of Maps, the Sala Rotunda and the Gallery of Statues, and the Hall of Busts.
Of course, one cannot visit the Vatican Museums without seeing the iconic Sistine Chapel. Located at the end of the Vatican Museums and neighboring St. Peter's Basilica, this 15th-century chapel's walls and ceilings are covered by some of the most astounding frescoes ever produced. The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, painted by Michelangelo in a span of 4 years, is considered to be a cornerstone of western art. The Last Judgement covers the wall behind the altar and is probably the most famous single work of art in the Sistine Chapel. Please note: Entry to the museums is by obligatory online booking.
The Colosseum is believed to have been built as a gift from the ancient emperors to the Roman people. This majestic outdoor amphitheater once served as the epicenter for entertainment, hosting public spectacles and games. The Colosseum has had quite a bloody past. It was, after all, a stage for gladiator fights, often including animals. This is your chance to step back in time, marvel at the impressive architecture, and walk the floor of the greatest arena known to mankind. Your Colosseum ticket also includes entry to the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum. See popular sites such as the Temple of Antoninus Pius, Temple of Castor and Pollux, Temple of Saturn, Arch of Septimius Severus, and much more. Palatine Hill offers one of the best views of the city. Once considered the most desirable neighborhood in Rome, it is now an extensive archaeological site.
The digital audio guide is narrated by local experts. It offers an interactive map of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and the Roman Forum. As you walk around the attraction, tap the area you are exploring and listen to brief commentary dedicated to that spot. Tip: Bring along your earphones for the best audio experience.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- Vatican Entry & Colosseum Entry
- Vatican Entry & Colosseum Entry with Arena Access
- For safety and security reasons, no large backpacks or pieces of luggage are allowed inside the Colosseum. No storage facility is available. You can, however, take a baby stroller into the Colosseum with you, should it be necessary.
- You MUST carry a valid ID with you and present it at the time of entry if requested. Should you fail to do so, venue authorities may deny you entry and such instances are not liable for reschedules or refunds.
- For visitors with mobility impairment, the Vatican Museums offer free wheelchair hire from the cloakroom.
- Vatican entry tickets do not include the Vatican audio guide.
Colossuem audio guide:
- The audio guide is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Chinese.
- Please bring your own earphones for the best audio guide experience.
- Note: This is not the official guide offered at the Colosseum.
- Mon-Thu: 8:30am - 6:30pm (final entry at 4:30pm).
- Fri & Sat: 8:30am - 8pm (final entry at 4:30pm).
- Sundays are closed.
- All the extraordinary openings of the last Sunday of the month are suspended.
- Access to St. Peter's Basilica is free but there could be a waiting line during peak season.
Colosseum and the Roman Forum
- 2nd Jan - 15th Feb: 8:30am - 4:30pm (last entry at 3:30pm)
- 16th Feb - 15th Mar: 8:30am - 5pm (last entry at 4pm)
- 16th Mar - 30th Mar: 8:30am - 5:30pm (last entry at 4:30pm)
- 31st Mar - 31st Aug: 8:30am - 7:15pm (last entry at 6:15pm)
- 1st Sep - 30th Sep: 8:30am - 7pm (last entry at 6pm)
- 1st Oct - 26th Oct: 8:30am - 6:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm)
27th Oct - 31st Dec: 8:30am - 4:30pm (last entry at 3:30pm)
Your tickets are timed so you must enter the Colosseum at the time slot selected at the time of booking.
- If you choose an afternoon slot to visit the Colosseum, you will not have sufficient time to visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill on the same day. Should you wish to conclude your visit on the same day, please plan your visit to the Colosseum accordingly.
- Note: Entry to the Colosseum is free on the first Sunday of every month.
Please be dressed appropriately. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Points
- Redeem your ticket at the Vatican Museums ticket office - CASSA ONLINE E GRUPPI.
- Head to the "Individual Entrance Gate" at the Colosseum and go directly to the line which says "Visitors With Reservations" with your mobile ticket and valid photo ID.
- Scan your mobile ticket at the turnstile and proceed to the mandatory security check.
Tune In to the Audio Guide
- This ticket includes a digital audio guide to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum.
- Download the app shared through a link or a QR code in your ticket. The app will present you with an interactive map of the attractions.
- As you walk around, tap the area you are exploring to listen to an introductory commentary.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.