Guided Whale Watching Tour from Old Harbour
Have you ever wanted to see orcas live at sea? How about fantasizing about being a Viking? With these tickets from Headout, you can do both! This tour allows you to go whale watching on the same seas as the ancient Vikings!
- Watch Orcas and other marine life in the seas of Reykjavik
- Have an entertaining and educational experience with the crew of the ship
- View whales surface to breathe from a safe distance.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
If you’ve ever watched movies and shows with whales, then you have probably wondered what it would be like to witness these animals in person. The seas of Reykjavik give you that opportunity. Professional crews will take you to the most popular sighting spots and prepare you for the experience. Apart from this, there is also the Viking feel to the seas of Reykjavik where these ancient people lived. Whether you love whales or are a fan of Vikings, travelling to the open seas to go whale watching is not an experience you want to miss while at Reykjavik.
Once you join the vessel, you will first be briefed about the safety precautions and then given a floatable vest for your own safety. Then the boat will travel to the most popular sites to see the whales and other aquatic animals. Depending on the tour you choose, you will be at sea for anywhere between 2 to 3.5 hours. At the end of the tour, you will be returned to the harbour.
- Guided boat tour
- Floatable overalls for safety
- WiFI, Café, and giftshop
Know Before You Go
- In case there are no sightings of whales, you will be offered another ticket for free.
- Bring your camera with you if you wish to record the experience.
- The tour follows the IceWhale code of conduct that you can read more about, here.
- Classic Tour (2-2.5 hours)
- Express Tour (3-3.5 hours)
Classic Tour (3 – 3.5 hours)
From 15th May to 30th September Until 15th November
- December-February – 1pm
- March-April – 9am, 1pm
- May-September – 9am, 1pm, 5pm*
- October-November – 9am**, 1pm
Express Tour (2 – 2.5 hours)
From 15th June to July 31st
- May – 10am, 2pm
- June-August – 10am, 2pm, 9pm*
- September – 10am, 2pm
Wear warm clothes and good footwear. Ideally, wear waterproof outerwear.
You can find the tourist bus stops at several places in the city centre. Refer to this link to find the closest bus stop to your place of accommodation. How Do I Get And Use My Tickets
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Tickets can be cancelled for a full refund up to 24 hours in advance.
How To Use Your Tickets
Soon after booking your ticket you will get a confirmation email with your mobile vouchers. Show these vouchers to the tour guide at the venue before boarding.
You can meet the tour operators at any of the Reykjavik city tourist bus stops. Please be there at least 30 minutes before time.
The tickets are valid for the day that is specified while booking.