Sant Pau Moderniste Site
Discover the hidden gem of Barcelona, as you visit the Sant Pau Moderniste Site. Explore its richly decorated interiors of this grand structure. Learn about the history and culture of Barcelona at this unique attraction.
- Savor an unforgettable experience in one of the most beautiful buildings in the world, the Recinte Modernista Sant Pau.
- Witness the union of architecture and history as you are transported back to the early part of the 20th century.
- Learn about the transformation of one of the most acclaimed medical institutes into a center for knowledge and learning.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau is one of the newest and most beautiful attractions in the city of Barcelona. It was created by the architect Lluis Domènech i Montaner, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. He won his third 'Best Building in Barcelona' award for this attraction, and the building was one of the most renowned in the city. The Hospital de Sant Pau is located inside it and served as a fully-functioning hospital all the way until 2009. The new Sant Pau hospital is located up the hill from the complex, and although far less lavish, it is more functional and state-of-the-art. Many buildings are currently being used for other purposes, such as the Sant Manuel Pavilion, which now holds the Casa Asia, a hub for business and cultural research about all Asian countries.
The Art Nouveau architecture is marvelous, and the manicured gardens and grand exhibitions are stunning to see in person. Domènech believed that the flowers, trees and fresh air would help people recover quicker in the hospital, and the confluence of nature and human-made structure is absolutely breathtaking. You can see that the wards were set amidst a garden, with colorful ceramic tiles adorning the brick facades in various shapes. Domènech also believed that colorful mosaics and statues would prompt faster recovery, and you can see the hospital replete with numerous designs and motifs about good health and hope. The Sant Salvador Pavilion is something you shouldn't miss, and the exhibition will brief you about the healthcare history of Barcelona. You will understand the impact of this acclaimed medical institution on modern medicine. The colorful mosaics and tiles have been restored and make for a wonderful sight.
- Pick-up and drop-off services to hotel
Know Before You Go
From April to October Monday to Saturday - 10 AM to 6:30 PM Sundays and public holidays - 10 AM to 2:30 PM
From November to March Monday to Saturday - 10 AM to 4:30 PM Sundays and public holidays - 10 AM to 2:30 PM
Closed on the 1st of January, 6th of January, 25th of December and the 26th of December.
Validity The tickets are valid only for the date and time of the booking.
Strict Cancellation Policy
Tickets cannot be cancelled or rescheduled.
- You will receive an email confirmation with your Sant Pau Moderniste Site ticket voucher shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the venue.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets please show your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your tickets at Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau, Carrer de Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau.
Get Directions to Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau
- Nearest Metro Station is "Sant Pau | Dos de Maig", 5 minutes walk from the meeting point. Line 5 of the merto will stop here.
- Nearest Bus Stop is Cartagena - Av. Gaudí (Stop ID: 3270). Bus 191, 192, N0, V23 will stop here.
- For more information on Public Transportation in Barcelona click here.