Doge's Palace Priority Access Guided Tour
Explore Palazzo Ducale with your personal tour guide telling you stories that have rarely left the walls and chambers of the palace.
- Rush past the 45-minute line outside Doge's Palace and save your time and energy
- Engage in a guided tour with our exemplary guide who will rest assured grasp and retain your attention through the course of your visit
- Explore other buildings of importance around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana) at your own pace with this very pass.
About Doge's Palace
The Doge's Palace is located in St Mark's Square and is one of the most fascinating and culturally rich monuments in Venice. Having been the seat of political and administrative power of the Venice Republic from its birth to its end, the Palazzo Ducale is a statement to the splendour of the La Serenissima (Venice).
An architectural fusion, this monument is a refreshing blend of contemporary and primaeval eras. It boasts an array of Renaissance masterpieces, grand staircases, opulent rooms and monumental entrances, all of which will leave you breathless. It houses the largest canvas in the world produced by the famous artist Tintoretto.
Meet your guide at St Mark’s square in the designated spot and admire the marvels of Venetian architecture from the outside, revel in its history and then follow him into the opulent structure. Once you step in you are likely to be overwhelmed by the interiors adorned in murals, intricate carvings and lavish decor.
Soak in the beauty of your surroundings and listen to stories of political happenings in Venice while you're here. The walls of the chambers hold stories the world has rarely heard of and these very walls are adorned with world-famous Renaissance masterworks making it a wholesome delight. Walk out to the open from here to the Bridge of Sighs to explore the New Prisons complex and end your tour back in St Mark’s Square from where you can visit other buildings of historical importance with the same ticket ( without the tour guide).
- Skip the line access during your shared guided tour of the Doge's Palace
- Commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- Audio receiver devices if the tour group has more than 10 people
- Entrance ticket to visit Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana on your own.
Know Before You Go
Timings and Languages
- The tour is available at 10:45 AM daily in English, Spanish, German and French, with Italian being added on Saturdays until October 31st, 2018. The tour is monolingual and will be conducted in the language you choose at the time of booking.
- The 2:15 PM afternoon slot is only available in English until October 31st.
- The tour will only have a 10:45 AM slot from November 1st, 2018 until March 31st, 2019, during which time, the tour will be available in English every day, in German only on Mondays and Fridays, in Spanish only on Mondays, Saturdays and Sundays, and in French only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. The tour could be bilingual during these months.
- The tour will not be available on December 25th, January 1st or February 24th.
- You must be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time of the tour.
- For security reasons, the Doge's Palace doesn't allow suitcases, backpacks or large bags inside so you may use their free storage service to stow these items away during your visit.
- This is a shared tour with guests who may not belong to your own party.
- Comfortable shoes are suggested for this tour as there may be a bit of walking.
- Entry for children under the age of six is free.
How to get there
Arriving by Public Vaporetto
If you are taking line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso”. If you are taking line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti”. After you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving by Private Watertaxi
Ask the driver to take you to the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving by Foot
The Clock Tower is located in St. Mark's Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on the right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Quick turnaround. Brilliant tour guide.
Very informative website. This will be a highlight of your Venice tour once you enjoy a hassle free fun experience!!
We wouldn't have known about the history and back stories without having a guided tour. Would definitely recommend booking a crebile tour from here
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your mobile voucher via email. There is no need to print the same. Once you reach St Mark's Square look for the Clock Tower near the exchange office (white building with blue clock facade). You will find our assistant here with a signboard reading "TOUR". Please join him/her and proceed for the tour. Please reach the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time.
St. Marks Square clock tower, Clock Tower near exchange office. , Venice