Visit to Montserrat Museum and Sanctuary with Audio Guide
Discover the marvels and fascinating history of the monastery and Sanctuary of Montserrat all on your own with your map and audio guide!
- Immerse yourself in the spiritual atmosphere of the Montserrat mountain and enjoy some breathtaking views of the adjacent areas
- Admire the beautiful Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the carving of the Black Madonna and the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia enshrined in the structure.
- If the time of year is right, enjoy the performance by the children’s choir L’Escolania, which only adds to the exquisite experience of the Basilica.
- Enjoy access to the Audiovisual Space and learn about the history of the Sanctuary.
Enjoy access to the Montserrat museum, home to the great collection of art managed by the Abbey of Montserrat, and containing various works by Caravaggio, El Greco, Rusiñol, Casas, Picasso, Dali, Monet and spanning a vast chronological period of time. The Audiovisual Space at Montserrat is a modernized archive that educates those who visit the Sanctuary about the history, origin, and meaning of Montserrat and it's continued purpose.
Visit the Basilica of Montserrat, which houses the Virgin of Montserrat, who was the patron saint of Catalonia. The little monastery first gained fame and recognition when it started receiving pilgrims and visitors who spread the word of the miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin.
Though the Monastery has modernized, it still caters to the needs of the pilgrims that stop here. You can also admire from a distance the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of the Verge Moreneta, better known as the Black Madonna. The treasures within the monastery are almost as breathtaking as the views from it. Should the time of year be opportune, you may get to enjoy the beautiful performance by the Escolania of Montserrat, the children’s choir at the sanctuary.
- Ticket to the Montserrat Museum
- Ticket to Audiovisual Room
- Audio Guide
- Information Booklet
Know Before You Go
Information Office: Open from 9:00 AM to 5:45 PM.
The Audiovisual Space:* Open from 9:00 AM to 5:45 PM.
The Museum of Montserrat: Open from 10:00 AM to 5:45 PM.
The Basilica: Open from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM. Convent mass is at 11 am (during religious services we ask you not to enter unless you wish to participate).
The Tabernacle of Our Lady: Open from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM and 12 - 6:30 PM.
Rules to be observed in the Sanctuary
The Basilica and Tabernacle of Our Lady:
You may take photos inside the Basilica, provided you do so without flash and no services are being held.
At the Throne of Our Lady, it is best not to take photos, as it slows down the queue and disturbs others.
During acts of worship, we ask you not to enter the Basilica unless you wish to take part. Please wait until the services are finished.
The Tabernacle of Our Lady is closed during services to make it easier for the faithful to take part and attain an ambiance of silence and prayer.
The Crypt, the Holy Chapel and the Tabernacle:
- These are places of worship. Please do not enter unless it is for devoting a few minutes of prayer and meditation.
All museum visitors must act properly and safely at all times and they must not disturb others, hinder the normal operation of the museum or damage the museum facilities. Children must be accompanied by an adult responsible for their behaviour.
Visitors may not enter the museum with bags, packages, suitcases or backpacks larger than 40 x 30 cm.
Photographs may be taken without flash in the museum galleries. Taking photographs is prohibited in the temporary exhibitions, unless otherwise indicated. Tripods are not allowed.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
Once the purchase process is complete, you will receive a confirmation email. Print out the attached document with the QR code or download it on your mobile phone and bring it with you on the day of your visit; this will be your ticket, and you must show it at the entrance either in print or on your phone.
08199 Monestir de Montserrat, Barcelona, Spain, Monestir de Montserrat
- Pick up your audio guide, map and informative booklet at the Information Office when you show your print-at-home ticket (either printed out or shown from your mobile device).
Other experiences similar to Visit to Montserrat Museum and Sanctuary with Audio Guide