Leonardo Da Vinci Museum
Discover the life and remarkable contributions of Leonardo Da Vinci; right from his early years to his years of zenith. Skip the queue and walk into Da Vinci's world where you will revel in his layers of art, machinery, anatomy and science in an interesting and interactive fashion.
- Enjoy a family-friendly museum that stimulates curiosity amongst adults and kids alike
- Walk through the life and work of one of the world's greatest inventor and artist through interactive installations.
- Discover faithful reproductions of machines based on Da Vinci's original designs built to original dimensions prescribed in his codes
- Learn about his artistic and medical contributions and accomplishments
- Avail audio guides in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish and Russian to understand in depth about each piece of work
- Pick up Da Vinci themed souvenirs from the bookshop; things you can't get elsewhere in Venice or anywhere around the world
About Leonardo Da Vinci Museum
Situated in old town centre of Venice, Scoletta Di San Rocco, the Leonardo Da Vinci Museum is a glimpse into the mind of the Italian Renaissance polymath whose areas of interest spanned from painting to sculpting to engineering to history, architecture, science, music, mathematics, literature, anatomy, geology, astronomy, botany, and cartography. He is considered one of the greatest painters of all time and this museum is a journey through his complex inventions themed around the 4 elements of nature namely; earth, water, fire and air.
He was a scientist even before the concept of science existed and this museum delves into attributes of his life, works of art and other inventions that have heavily contributed to modern science.
Even if you're not a science expert or Leonardo fan, you will leave the premises with a profound respect for Da Vinci and his contribution towards humanity.
Through interactive machines, educational labs, projections of anatomical studies, multimedia videos, treasured paintings and his detailed books on principles you can live through almost all that went through Da Vinci's gifted brains while he was alive.
The museum comprises an exhibition room, 500 square metres of his 60 most prized engineering projects, all life-sized and perfectly functioning installations like the Flying Machines, Ideal City and War Machines to name a few. These machines have been reproduced and tested by studying the Da Vinci Codes and have been built maintaining the original aspect proportions. Each machine has detailed explanatory notes on the principles applied which has been translated into 6 different languages( Italian, English, French, German, Spanish and Russian). The art gallery in the museum displays his famous paintings supplemented with descriptions and are duly reproduced through the use of ultrahigh-resolution backlight technology. The museum also houses a well-stocked bookshop which carries a wide selection of books on the Da Vinci's principles and reproductions of his works. On your way out, indulge in an exclusive souvenir from the bookshop that pays homage to this godly genius and leave Venice with an artefact you can't get anywhere else.
Know Before You Go
- 1st of November - 31st of March (10:30 AM- 5:30 PM)
- 1st of April - 31st of October (10:00 AM- 6:30 PM)
- Last entrance is allowed 40 min before the closing time
Suggested duration of visit - 40 minutes to 1 hour.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
These tickets can be canceled 4 days in advance for a full refund.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your mobile voucher via email. Please submit this mobile voucher directly to the ticket office located at the entrance of the museum for entry.
- Free admission for children under 7 years old
- Please take note, this is not a guided tour