Skip the Line Tickets to Reina Sofía Arts Center
Discover the Spanish national museum for 20th century art and stroll through the halls shrouded by works of Picasso, Dali and many more prominent artists. Explore Spain’s premier modern art gallery and take an adventure into the world of modern art.
- Explore the greatest collection of Spain’s top 3 20th century artists - Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Joan Miro.
- See works which resonate through the world of art history including the anti-war painting ‘Guernica’ by Picasso, one of the first Spanish political statements on the Civil War.
- Enjoy a stroll through the vaulted hallways, the lush gardens and discover the art movements of this era including abstract art, cubism, surrealism and modernism.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The Reina Sofia Art Centre is home to the greatest Spanish artists from the 20th century which attracts more than 3.5 million visitors annually. Ranked in the top 15 most visited art museums around the world, the mixture of national and international exhibitions make it one of the world’s largest museums for modern and contemporary art.
Featuring 1,653 paintings and 707 sculptures along with a horde of paperworks, graphic art and photographs, the museum is most famous for the ‘Guernica’. This prolific piece by Pablo Picasso symbolises Spain’s transition to a democracy and is a universally recognized icon for the same.
The Reina Sofia Museum is housed inside an antique hospital which has been converted into an art museum. With lush gardens and vaulted hallways, walking through this artwork abode is a delight in itself and that statement doesn’t even account for the artworks inside. This premier modern art gallery provides excellent views of the plaza and buildings below which are truly breathtaking.
The artwork, primarily by Spanish artists, also features works from international artists such as Francis Bacon, Pierre Bonnard, Max Ernst and Yves Tanguy to name a few. However, what it is truly famous for is the works of the great Spanish artists. With more than 20 Dali pieces, a room dedicated to Joan Miro’s paintings and arguably the most famous painting in Spain ‘Guernica’, this modern art museum is a wonderland of art.
You can also access the library which specializes in art and has a collection of over 100,000 books, 3,500 audio recordings and over 1,000 videos
- Admission Ticket to Permanent Exhibit of the Reina Sofia Arts Center
- Admission Ticket to Temporary Exhibit of the Reina Sofia Arts Center
Know Before You Go
Mon from 10 AM - 9 PM
Wed - Sat from 10 AM - 9 PM
Sun - 10 AM - 7 PM (From 1:30 PM onward, only Collection 1 will be open for free entry, the rest of the museum will be closed)
The Museum is closed on Tuesdays.
On Sundays the sale of tickets at the ticket office will finish at 2:00 PM, apart from advanced bookings.
The museum is closed on the 1st and 6th of January, 1st and 15th of May, 9th of November and the 24th, 25th and 31st of December respectively.
The museum is open for free on the 18th and 29th of April, 18th of May, 12th of October and 6th of December respectively.
Entrance to the museum is free of charge on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
By Bus: Several lines stop near the entrance of the museum
By Train: Any line to Atocha-Renfe
By Metro: 1 to Atocha or 3 to Lavapiés
Rules and Regulations
- Please keep your ticket during the entire visit, the Museum staff may ask you for it at any time.
- Photos without flash, tripod, monopode or any other stabilizing element of cameras are allowed, except where otherwise indicated. No photos or image recording are allowed in area 206 (Guernica). -Visitors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone between the age of 14 and 18 who wishes to visit the museum without an adult must show his or her national ID document.
We would highly recommend wearing a slightly warmer item of clothing since the exhibition rooms must be kept at a constant temperature of 21º Celsius for conservation measures.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
It was so simple to make the booking before I went on my trip to Spain, I received confirmation immediately, the cost was reasonable and the actual experience of the tour was unforgettable
How To Use Your Ticket
You will receive an email with your ticket voucher. Display the voucher at the ‘Taquilla Express’ desk and swap for a paper ticket.
Your ticket is valid only for the date that you’ve scheduled the experience.
Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Calle de Santa Isabel, 52 28012 , Madrid