Amsterdam Museum - Admission Tickets with Audioguide
Discover the extraordinary story of Amsterdam: its past, present, and future, at the Amsterdam Museum. Step into the world of Rembrandt, Johan Cruijff, Ajax, hash and more as you explore the museum of this world-city with an audio guide.
- Learn more about the city and gain insights into the city’s culture and evolution.
- Discover your lineage with the Amsterdam DNA presentation which offers an hour long interactive presentation highlighting the diversity of the area.
- The Little Orphanage exhibit is a special favorite among children and allows children and their parents to learn about life in a 17th-century orphanage.
- Take in the rich architecture and design that makes the building a special venue.
- Audio Guide for the museum allowing you to know get further insights into the city’s history.
What to Expect
Walk into the Amsterdam Museum and be mesmerized by the history of the land. Discover the secrets of the Golden Age of Amsterdam as you pursue through the exhibits. Focussing on the core Dutch values of entrepreneurship, free-thinking, citizenship, and creativity; this museum pays homage to these Dutch ideas and promises to be a treat. In this monumental Museum building, you will discover the story of Amsterdam through a large number of masterpieces, such as an aerial map from the Middle Ages and Breitner's The Dam.
The Amsterdam DNA Tour is an hour-long tour and is perfect for its educational value and immersive experience. Using images, sounds and more relive the history of the city and discover its earliest inhabitants in a fascinating way. Another special favorite among the kids is ‘The Little Orphanage’ where parents and children discover life in the 17th-century orphanage.
- Amsterdam Museum Ticket
Know Before You Go
- Be sure to visit the Amsterdam Gallery on your way to/from the Amsterdam Museum. The street leading from Begijnensteeg to the museum is an open-air museum and showcases portraits of artists such as Van Der Helst and Erwin Olaf.
- The Mokum Museum Cafe, located within the museum, is a must-visit and is known for its transformation from a cow-shed to a serene cafe.
The Museum is open every day from 10 AM until 5 PM.
- By train: The museum is a 15-minute walk from Amsterdam's Central Station, via Damrak, Dam Square and Kalverstraat.
- By tram: Trams 2, 11 and 12 (stop at Spui), 4, 14 and 24 (stop at Rokin)
- By metro: Metro 52 (stop Rokin)
- By car: From the A10 ring road, follow signs for S100 (exit 'Centrum') and follow P signs. The nearest underground parking facility is 'the Kolk' at Nieuwezijds Kolk.
Children (0 -17) can enter for free.
- The venue is not accessible by wheelchair/mobility scooters.
- Registered guide dogs will be allowed.
- Please leave your backpacks and umbrellas at the cloakroom or in a locker. We cannot accept suitcases or other travel bags.
- Photos and videos may be taken for private use; however, tripods may not be used.
- Please switch your phone to 'silent'.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be canceled, rescheduled or amended.
Your voucher will be emailed to you. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Amsterdam Museum, Kalverstraat 92, 1012 PH Amsterdam, Netherlands, Amsterdam