Palau De La Musica Catalana
The Palau De La Musica is a one-of-a-kind music hall in Barcelona which is designed in the 'modernista' style that Catalonia is renowned for. Explore the 100-year-old building which became the centre for the Catalan culture movement and discover its many intricacies.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site with a guided tour
- Designed by Domenech i Montaner and home of the Orfeo Catala choir, discover the rich musical heritage housed by the walls
- Study the intricate architecture that combines sculpture, mosaic, stained glass and wrought iron
- Choose between guided tours available in 4 languages, (namely Spanish, English, French and Italian).
Your Palau De La Musica Experience
If you’re looking for a bit of history, culture, and beauty during your stay in Barcelona, a guided tour to the Palau de la Musica is just the thing for you! Visit the only concert hall to be declared a UNESCO World Heritage site. Located on a narrow unassuming street in the Ribera district of the city, the building represents the unique and distinct modernista style of architecture. Step into the hall and you will be stunned by the aesthetic blend of sculpture, mosaic, stained glass and wrought iron on the facades of this unique modern building.
There are two ways to enter the building, the first being the newer entrance located adjacent to the foyer of the building which provides a much-needed meeting place and, as the best meeting places are, is open to the public every day. The second entrance is through the lobby which is set between two lamps, representative of an era long gone by.
The concert hall is home to the Orfeó Català choir and is funded entirely by public donations, making it just as much a part of the cultural, architectural and musical fabric of the city's history. The central part of the structure is, of course, the concert hall itself, a vast, lavishly decorated space that is flooded with light, courtesy of a central skylight, Enjoy the opportunity of walking on to the stage itself and looking out at the hall, viewing the audience the way the performers do.
Lastly, you will get to visit the Sala Lluís Millet, named after the founder of the Orfeó Català choir to end your tour. The giant stained glass windows of the room divulge the unique columns decorating the balcony of the building.
- English Guided Tour of Palau De La Musica Catalana
- Spanish Guided Tour of Palau De La Musica Catalana
- French Guided Tour of Palau De La Musica Catalana
- Italian Guided Tour of Palau De La Musica Catalana
- Palau De La Musica ticket
- Services of an expert guide
- Concert Tickets
Reduced Price Tickets
- Student tickets and senior citizen tickets can be bought at discounted rates.
- Children aged 10 and below do not require tickets.
Know Before You Go
- Spanish Tour: 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm
- English Tour: 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm
- French Tour: 10:30 am, 2:30 pm
- Italian Tour: 2:00 pm
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded or rescheduled.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Your meeting point is at the attraction itself (4-6, Carrer Palau de la Musica).
- Meet your tour guide here.
- Metro: L1 and L4, Urquinaona station.
- Bus: 17, 45 and V17
Your ticket is valid until the end of the year (31st December, 2019).