Stonehenge Admission Tickets
Discover the Stonehenge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and take in the rich culture, myths, and importance of this world famous monument on your visit to the Stonehenge and the Stonehenge exhibition.
Stonehenge Admission Tickets Highlights
- Visit the majestic standing stone circle, the Stonehenge, which has been in its place for 5 millenniums and learn about its mysteries and myths.
- Peruse through the World Heritage Site and discover more than 700 archaeological features and many sites which date back to the Bronze Age.
- With your admission tickets, you also get access to the Stonehenge Exhibition Centre and get to explore the nearby areas.
- Explore the Stonehenge exhibition center which contains over 250 archaeological treasures including pottery, tools, jewelry and human remains.
Why Visit the Stonehenge
The stone circle of Stonehenge has been in existence for over 5 millennia and is one of the wonders of the world in addition to being a British cultural symbol. This rock formation is said to have been erected between 3000 BC and 1600 BC, and what stands at the present day are the substantial remnants of various such rock monuments. The standing stone rings rise up a height of 13 ft (4.1m) and stretch as much as 7ft each(2.1 meters), twice as tall as fully grown human being
The history and significance of the Stonehenge have been under a lot of debate and various theories exist for the same. Archaeologists have found burial grounds nearby along with a collection of similar standing stone sites within a 30 km radius. Stonehenge's orientation in relation to the rising and setting sun has always been one of its most remarkable features. Whether this was because its builders came from a sun-worshipping culture or because - as some scholars have asserted - the circle and its banks were part of a huge astronomical calendar, remains a mystery.
Everyone who visits the Stonehenge is left in awe after seeing the overwhelming stone circle in front of them. Take in the stunning site and stare in wonder at the site which has been standing there for 5,000 years. At the Stonehenge, you are bound to find some inspiration and solace. The surrounding area is extremely scenic and houses a diverse range of wildlife.
You will also get to visit the Stonehenge Exhibition Centre, located at the entrance of the site, where you can see a vast collection of artifacts and historical items which dates back to the Bronze Age and the Neolithic era. Spend your time discovering the perfect Salisbury plains and take in the natural sights all around you. At the end of your day, you’re guaranteed to have learned more about the prehistoric world.
Know Before You Go
How To Get Here
Stonehenge is situated 90 miles west of Central London in the Salisbury plains. Take a train from London’s Waterloo Station to Salisbury. Trains from from Waterloo to Salisbury every half-an-hour from 6:30 am and the quickest train takes 1 hour and 22 minutes. From Salisbury there are dedicated buses that take you to the Stonehenge. No public transport routes go towards the Stonehenge and as such visitors must take the special tour bus.
Please note that you will not be allowed to enter the Stonehenge circle itself. This is due to the restoration attempts and the relative instability of the structure. Your Stonehenge tickets allows you to reach within 10m of the monument.
No cancellations/rescheduling requests will be entertained for this tour.
How To Redeem Tickets
• You will receive an email with your Tour voucher in a few minutes.
• Please take a printout of your voucher to the Stonehenge.
• At the Stonehenge, display the print out at the ticketing counter at the Stonehenge Visitor Centre to gain admission.
• Your ticket is valid for the day you’ve booked the experience.
Stonehenge, Wiltshire, Salisbury
Other experiences similar to Stonehenge Admission Tickets