Montserrat Walking Tour with Tapas & Wine
Make the most of your visit to Barcelona with this incredible tour that combines the mysticism of the Montserrat monastery with traditional Catalan wine found at the Oller del Mas castle's cellars and the distinct flavours of the region that you will get to sample during a tapas lunch. We can't think of a better way to spend the day, can you?
- Immerse yourself in the beauty and history of the mountains, the beautiful monastery, and other natural wonders in the company of a friendly, English speaking guide.
- Enjoy a delicious Catalan tapas meal in a charming restaurant that will leave you more than content
- Taste delectable wine made at the winery itself, paired with your meal after learning about wine making from scratch
- Spanning over half a day, this tour is perfect to learn about the wonderful region of Catalonia and the things they value most: nature, delicious food and incredible wine!
Once you meet your English speaking guide and get introduced to the rest of your group upon arriving at the meeting point, you will depart for Montserrat, the culmination of natural and man-made beauty. The history and spirituality of the region is very deeply tied to this place and many believe that Catalonia's identity is rooted in Montserrat, possibly due to the fact that the Virgin of Montserrat residing in the Basilica is the patron saint of the region. Your guide will walk you through the atrium, as well as the Basilica which houses the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of the Verge Moreneta, better known as the Black Madonna. You will also get a chance to marvel at the architecture of the external facade, the cloisters, and Santa Maria square before being given a half hour to explore the farmers market or grab a bite to eat.
You will then travel to the foot of the mountain to the grounds of the Oller del Mas winery, one of the most important wineries in the region for having achieved the "vi di finca", the highest level of distinction for a Spanish wine, as well as having won the "Best Wine Experience" award a couple of years ago. The cellars of this winery are located in a castle that was built in the 10th century, which your guide will help you both navigate and explore as a part of this tour. Walk through the vineyards, the wine production areas and the barrel rooms as well, so you can truly understand and appreciate the art that is winemaking before sitting down to enjoy a scrumptious cold tapas lunch with dessert, paired with three homegrown, ecological wines. If you're vegetarian or allergic to gluten, don't worry! Your guide will take a note of dietary restrictions at the start of the tour.
Having had your fill of good food, wine and having taken in the beauty of the Catalonian region, you will make your way back to Barcelona.
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Professional English speaking local guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat monastery
- Entrance fee to Oller del Mas Cellar
- Guided visit through the winery, the castle and the vines
- Wine tasting (3 premium wines)
- Tapas lunch with dessert
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Go
The tour departs at 8:45 AM daily, but you must reach the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to departure, without fail. The tour lasts approximately seven hours.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Montserrat, being a mountain range, gets inclement weather depending on the season so you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold during certain times of the year.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email confirmation with your mobile voucher instantly. Please display the same on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID to the representative holding a pink umbrella at the meeting point, located outside the Hard Rock Cafe at Plaça Catalunya, 21. We recommend that you arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time of your tour.
Plaza Catalunya, 21, Barcelona
- Maximum of 16 people per guide, though this number may be extended to 18. The group size will not be larger than that though transportation may be shared between groups.
- Please note that should weather conditions not be favorable, the operator reserves the right to change the order of the sites visited.