St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour
Explore the largest church in the world and discover what makes St. Peter's Basilica one of the most popular architectural works from the Renaissance. Go on a guided tour of basilica in the company of an official Vatican guide and learn all you need to learn about the holiest of Catholic shrines.
Saint Peter's Basilica Guided Tour Highlights
- Meet your official guide at St. Peter's Square before you enter the basilica via a reserved entrance.
- Enjoy a fun and educational tour of the most important temple in all of Christendom.
- Check out stunning works of art and architecture by Bernini, Donato Bramante, Carlo Maderno and more.
- Pay homage to Pope John Paul II at his tomb.
- Learn about the iconic chair of St. Peter - presumed to have been used by St. Peter, the first Pope of Christianity.
Why You Shouldn't Miss This
While Rome has many tourist attractions, the St. Peter’s Basilica has to be the most important and prominent one. Visible from kilometers away, the Cupola of St. Peter's Basilica is one of the most prominent sights in Rome. Lovingly called ‘Cuppolone’ by the Romans, it is the highest architectural point in Rome and provides a fantastic vantage point.
On this guided tour, you will not only get to explore the insides of one of the greatest buildings and churches in the world, but do so in the company of an official guide. Along with priority access at the entrance, allowing you to skip the ticket queue, this is one of the best ways to experience St. Peter's Basilica.
The tour begins at a designated meeting point situated in St. Peter's Square, adjacent to the basilica. If you stand in St. Peter's Square and face St. Peter's Basilica, then the exact meeting point is located on the right-hand side of the square, outside the colonnade and in front of the Vatican Post Office. Here you will see your guide wearing a blue vest with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it. Be there 15 minutes before the beginning of your tour so you can find your guide with ease.
Your guide will then lead you inside St. Peter's Basilica through a dedicated passage. Inside, you will be able to check out masterpieces of Renaissance art such as Michelangelo's Pieta, the giant bronze canopy of St. Peter’s Baldachin, the Chair of St. Peter and others. This is a cultural experience you cannot miss!
- Skip the Line entrance ticket for St. Peter's Basilica and the Dome
- Guided tour of St. Peter's Chapel
Know Before You Go
10:30 AM and 1:30 PM
The closest station to the Vatican is the Ottaviano-S. Pietro station. Line A of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes. Your meeting point in St. Peter's Square is a 5-minute walk from this metro station.
What to Wear
Please be dressed appropriately. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Easy to use.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
• You will receive your guided tour voucher in a few minutes.
• On the day of the experience, head to the meeting point and display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a photo ID to begin your tour.
• The exact meeting point is located on the right-hand side of St. Peter's Square, outside the colonnade and in front of the Vatican Post Office.
• Look for the guide wearing a blue vest with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it.
• Begin your tour.
St. Peter's Basilica, Basilica di San Pietro, Vatican City
Other experiences similar to St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour