Pompeii & Amalfi Coast Full Day Tour from Rome
Embark on a comfortable full day tour of the ancient city of Pompeii and take in the stunning views of the Amalfi coast before quick stop in the luxurious resort town of Positano so you can secure some souvenirs of your trip to southern Italy.
- Relax on your air conditioned ride with a small group of fifteen or less, straight to Pompeii once your depart Rome.
- Pick the brain of your tour guide about the fascinating history of Pompeii.
- Skip the lines at the archeological site of Pompeii.
- Marvel at the scenic beauty of your drive past the Amalfi coast, the perfect example of Mediterranean splendour.
- Walk through the romantic town of Positano, famous for its boutiques, seafood and coastal beauty before returning to Rome.
Meet your friendly tour guide at the meeting point in Rome before boarding a small, comfortable, air condition bus chosen especially for navigating the troublesome roads of the coast without hassle. Head straight to Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that draws visitors from all over. At this point, you tour guide will leave you in the capable hands of a certified, Pompeii tour guide, selected for this job specifically due to their knowledge of the site itself and their exceptional storytelling skills, which will be put to use to transport you back to a time when Pompeii was a flourishing city in the Roman Empire, until the fateful day when the still active Mt Vesuvius erupted and left the city smothered in ash and poisonous fumes, but well preserved. Skip the queues at the archeological site to walk through the ruins as your guide tells you anecdotes from a different time. Visit the Roman Forum and the generally foregone Pompeii amphitheater after you see the plaster casts of those killed in the eruption, capturing every detail of their final moments.
After your visit, head south on a leisurely drive with your tour guide, revelling in stunning vistas as you follow the winding roads down the Amalfi Coast while your guide regales you with stories about this peaceful part of the country and about the next stop on your tour, the quaint town of Positano, situated on cliffs by the coast. Positano has been visited by writers like Shelley, Goethe and Steinbeck, and you can walk the same narrow streets and climb the same narrow staircases as them. Stick your head into one of the upscale boutiques, maybe buy a pair of handmade sandals or dive into the aquamarine waters. You could even just keep it simple and admire the view while grabbing a bite to eat and relishing the day you’ve spent, embodying the ideal Italian life.
- Round trip transport from Rome.
- Professional and friendly, English speaking tour leader.
- Skip the line tickets to Pompeii archaeological site.
- An expert tour guide of Pompeii.
- Small group tour, guaranteed to be 15 people or fewer to keep the tour intimate.
- Free time to relax in Positano.
Know Before You Go
The tour begins at 7:15 AM daily from the meeting point and you will be dropped back to the meeting point at the end of the tour.
This tour lasts approximately 13 hours.
You will be travelling in a small, AC bus which will depart from the meeting point. Please enter a valid phone number at the time of checkout for operational reasons.
What to bring
Please do not bring luggage on this tour as there might not be enough space in the vehicle. In good weather it is possible (and enjoyable) to swim on Positano beach. We recommend bringing a bathing suit and towel if this interests you.
Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping.
If it’s too busy at Pompeii in the morning despite the skip the line tickets procured for you, which it can be, the order of the tour may be reversed in order to make the best use of time. In the winter months, the operator might replace Positano with Sorrento as more shops and restaurants are open there during that time.
Piazza Repubblica is a centrally-located square, served by the red line metro ("Repubblica" stop), and within walking distance of Termini train station.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to three days in advance for a full refund. Cancellations within this time frame are non refundable.
The comfort of travel. The hassle free organising & efficient guides. The whole process was smooth & enjoyable.
If you are looking for passes are a reasonable price then this is the perfect site.
The history attached to these place is so fascinating and both the places are so beautiful.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the time of check-in before boarding the bus.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Caffe Piccarozzi, Piazza della Repubblica, 62 Rome, Rome