Half Day Visit of Zaanse Schans Windmills from Amsterdam
Indulge in all things Dutch on this delightful half-day trip to the beautiful windmill town of Zaanse Schans. Your professional guide shall give you fascinating insights into Dutch history and culture as you explore the town, taste Dutch farmer cheese and visit a clog museum.
- Enjoy hassle-free transfers from Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans on this half-day trip.
- Marvel at an open-air museum that houses working windmills, wooden houses, shops and many more that date back to the 18th and 19th century.
- Indulge in some Dutch cheese on a short visit to a farm as well as a clog factory; both significant to Dutch culture.
- Enjoy live commentary throughout this tour courtesy of a multi-lingual professional guide, fluent in English, German and Spanish.
Enjoy Hassle-Free Transfers from Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans
Spend half your day amidst the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans. Experience the traditional Dutch way of life in this 3 hour day trip.
From our centrally located meeting location at the souvenir shop of the A'DAM tower, Overhoeksplein, Amsterdam, you will be transported in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach to Zaanse Schans. This windmill village is an open-air museum that is home to windmills dating back to the 18th and 19th century. The houses and windmills all around are reflective of the golden age that developed this region into an industrial area running solely on wind energy.
Indulge in all Things Dutch with a Professional Multilingual Guide
Upon your arrival at the village, a tour guide will take you on a walk around the village. Giving you a brief history and factoids on its history. Next, you visit the clog museum annex wooden shoemaker shop, followed by a cheese tasting session at a local cheese farm! Then, you are free to explore the village on your own before hopping aboard the coach for your return trip to Amsterdam.
- Half Day Trip to Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam.
- Transport by an air-conditioned coach.
- Live commentary on board in English, German & Spanish.
- Food & beverages (unless specified otherwise).
- Hotel transfers.
Know Before You Go
This tour operates daily at 12:00 PM until the 20th of March 2019, after which, this tour will depart at 11:30 AM.
This tour is available in English, Spanish, and German.
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended as this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email confirmation with your Half Day Trip to Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam vouchers instantly. Please display these vouchers on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
You must assemble at the entrance of This is Holland (Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam) 15 minutes before the tour starts.
If you're coming from across the river, enjoy a free ferry ride. Board the ferry towards Buiksloterweg that runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It's two minutes' walk to This Is Holland.
Get down at Amsterdam, Veer Buiksloterweg, it is a 3-minute walk to the meeting point.