Windsor Castle Half Day Tour from London
Gain entry into the magnificent Windsor Castle and don't miss a chance to explore the lavish State Apartments and see the impressive artwork that adorns their walls. You will get to spend 2 hours in the castle with a handy audio guide and you will also get the chance to visit St George’s Chapel.
- Wander into her majesty's favorite weekend residence with an audio guide on this unescorted 2-hour tour.
- Explore the lavish State Apartments and marvel at the impressive artwork by celebrated painters Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci!
- You will also get to wander around the traditional St George’s Chapel, the resting place for many past monarchs, including Henry VIII and his favorite wife Jane Seymour, Queen Mary, and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.
Wander Into Her Majesty's Favorite Weekend Residence
Steeped in history, Windsor Castle perches proudly on a lush wooded hill overlooking the Thames. Once you assemble at the designated meeting point, you will be taken to the Windsor Castle in an air-conditioned wifi enabled coach. When you arrive, you will enjoy a fascinating glimpse at the lavish State Apartments, home to priceless artworks by Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci. You will also be given a handy multilingual audio guide in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Spanish. This tour is unescorted and you will spend approximately 2 hours in Windsor Castle, giving you time to explore at your own pace and breathe in the Royal family's grandeur.
Wander Around the Traditional St George’s Chapel
Visit St. George’s Chapel, the atmospheric final resting place of former monarchs including Henry VIII and his favorite wife Jane Seymour, Queen Mary, and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. See the memorials and spend some quiet time wandering around this traditional chapel.
By the end of your adventure in Windsor, you won’t just have “seen” Windsor’s most famous sights; you’ll have discovered their histories, stories, and what makes them so notable.
- Entry to Windsor Castle State Apartments.
- Transport to the Windsor Castle and back to Gloucester Road in London.
- Free Wi-Fi on board the coach.
- Visit to St George’s Chapel.
- Multilingual audio guide.
- Hotel transfers
Multilingual audio guides are provided at Windsor Castle in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish.
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (children below 16 years of age) are available at a reduced price. Children below the age of 3 are granted free entry. Ensure you are carrying a valid ID of the members in your group if you select any reduced price tickets during checkout.
Know Before You Go
Days of Departure
1 April 2019 - 30 Sep 2019: Daily
1 Oct 2019 - 31 Mar 2020: Wed, Fri, and Sun
October to March
Check-In Time: 11:30 AM from Victoria and 11:45 AM from Kensington Office
Departure Time: 11:45 AM from Victoria and 12:00 PM from Kensington Office
Return (approx.): 5:30 PM
- 4 October 2018: (last admission 3:00 PM, last entry to the State Apartments 3:30 PM, closes 4:00 PM).
- 11, 12 October 2018: Castle completely closed.
- 2 November 2018: State Apartments will be closed.
- 25 - 26 December 2018: Castle completely closed.
There is a secure cloakroom in the China Museum at the entrance to the State Apartments for the storage of large items of baggage. However, we would advise you against carrying large bags as the Admission Centre to the Cloakroom takes about 10 minutes and is an uphill walk.
While photographs can be taken outside the Castle buildings, it is not permitted inside St George's Chapel and the State Apartments.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email with your Windsor Castle Half Day Tour from London mobile vouchers shortly. You may display this on your mobile device at the meeting point along with a valid photo ID.
Getting to the Meeting Point
You will meet your host at the Golden Tours Visitors Centre (at 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH), where you will board a coach to the Windsor Castle.
By Bus: Get off at the Eccleston Bridge (Stop T). The meeting point is a 1-minute walk from the stop.
By Metro: Get off at the Victoria station. The meeting point is a 6-minute walk from the stop.
On Sundays the St Georges Chapel, being a place of worship at Windsor Castle is closed for service