Mount Teide: Cable Car & Guided Tour to the Pico Viejo Viewpoint
Enjoy a fun outing with your family - head to Mount Teide by cable car and walk the trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint!
- Enjoy a cable car ride to Mount Teide, the tallest peak in Spain.
- Take in spectacular vistas of the volcanic plains on your way up.
- Set off on a walk to the Pico Viejo viewpoint along with an expert guide.
- Admire the flora, fauna, and volcanic landscape of the Teide National Park.
- See fumeroles, calderas, and the amazing 800-meter-wide Pico Viejo crater.
- Teide cable car ride for families − return ticket
- Guided tour to the Pico Viejo viewpoint
- Food and drinks
- Access for visitors with physical disabilities or motor impairments
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Start with a cable car ride in the company of an expert guide all the way to the top of Mount Teide. As you ascend, gaze down at the volcanic plains below; the scenery will stay in your mind long after the ride ends. Once you reach La Rambleta at an altitude of 3,555 m, follow your guide through the spectacular trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint. Pass by the famous Las Cañadas caldera, one of the best exposed volcanic calderas in the world. On several stretches of the trail, you'll find fumaroles; gases produced by the volcano to reach the Earth’s surface - they emit hot, sulfurous air. If you're going with kids, you can cherish the look of amazement on their faces when they put their hands against the fumaroles and feel the heat of the volcano! See also fascinating formations along the way, such as the Corbata del Teide or Roques de García. Make sure to ask your guide any questions you might have about the curious sights you come across.
Continue to the viewpoint that looks over the Pico Viejo crater. Admire the impressive views of La Gomera, El Hierro, and La Palma, as well as the awe-inspiring 800-meter-diameter crater of Pico Viejo, which, was at one point, contained a lava lake. Don't forget to take a few photos for the 'Gram!
know before you go
know before you go
- The authorization to get to the peak of the mount is NOT included. You will have to ask for this authorization at the National Park official website, prior to your visit.
- Teide Cable Car is located within a protected national park and therefore it is necessary to follow a series of basic rules of civic behavior, respectful of the natural environment, such as not littering or taking rocks, plants or animals. It is prohibited to make fire, loud noises, or to camp.
- People with heart problems and pregnant women are not allowed to ascend due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health. Families are advised to consult their doctor before planning their visit if any member of the family has a health condition.
- In accordance with current regulations, persons with any physical disability or motor impairment are not permitted to make the ascent by cable car, because of the potential risks if the vehicle has to be evacuated.
- In the event of the failure of the cable car system due to unexpected technical reasons, passengers already at the upper station will have to make their descent on foot and using steep mountain paths.
- Children under 5 are not allowed to participate in this activity.
- The Teide Cable Car base station has a free car park with 220 parking spaces.
- There are public toilets at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
When planning to visit Mount Teide. you must be prepared for the possibility of extreme heat or extreme cold depending on the time of year. Make sure to:
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Put on sunglasses - you'll need them because of the elevated luminosity.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
- Every day at 9:50 AM and 1 PM.
- EU citizens, both adults as well as children aged 5-13yrs, enjoy reduced ticket pricing.
- Children aged 5-13yrs who are non-EU citizens also enjoy reduced ticket pricing.
- Make sure to carry a valid photo ID in both cases.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at the Teide Cable Car base station.
- Address: Cañadas del Teide, 38300, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
Teide Cable Car is well connected by roads and can be easily reached from any point of the island.
If you are in the northern part of Tenerife
- Take the TF-21 motorway which connects La Orotava with El Portillo de la Villa and crosses the Teide National Park. The Cable Car is at km 43. (N28º 15' 17" W16º 37' 33").
- Take the TF-23 motorway from Boca de Tauce to Chío, which connects with TF-21.
- Titsa bus, Route 348 Puerto de La Cruz – Las Cañadas del Teide.
- Departure times: 9:15 AM from Puerto de la Cruz, with stops in La Orotava, Montaña Blanca (trail to the Altavista Mountain Refuge) and Teide Cable Car, and return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 4 PM.
If you are in the southern part of Tenerife
- Take the TF-21 motorway from Vilaflor to Teide National Park, the route of access for the tourist areas of Playa de Américas and Los Cristianos.
- Titsa bus (guagua), Route 342 Playa de Las Américas - Las Cañadas del Teide.
- Departure times: 9:15 AM from Las Américas, with stops in Los Cristianos (9:30 AM), Teide Cable Car and Montaña Blanca (ascend on foot to the Altavista Refuge). Return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 3:30 PM.
If you are close to Santa Cruz or La Laguna
- Take the TF-24 motorway from La Laguna to Portillo de la Villa (La Esperanza Motorway), which connects with TF-21. This will take you to the Teide cable car base station at km 43.
Mt. Teide is approximately an hour’s drive from any point on the island.
- Santa Cruz: 64 km
- La Laguna: 55 km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 45 km
- Los Gigantes: 52 km
- Los Cristianos: 47 km
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.