St. Mark's Basilica Reserved Entrance Ticket With Audio Guide
Experience the history and glory of the St. Mark’s Basilica of Piazza San Marco with this efficient reserved entrance ticket to the ground floor of the Basilica that comes with an informative audio guide too.
- Marvel at the art, architecture, and rich history of the Golden Basilica of the Roman Catholic Patriarchate of Venice.
- On this self-guided tour, enjoy reserved access to the ground floor of St. Mark's Basilica in a smooth manner, soaking up its colorful exterior facade with its arches, turrets, mosaics, and statues.
- View the marble interiors, the ceiling mosaics of Biblical scenes with their vivid colors, and the golden mosaics that create a unique shining effect.
- With your included audio guide that comes in 5 different languages, learn everything there is to know about the intricate artwork and architecture, especially parts that are usually overlooked.
- Reserved entry ticket for St. Mark's Basilica (ground floor only)
- Audio guide (in the language of your choice) to download onto your phone
- Digital map of the Basilica
- Live guide
- Transport and transfers
- Access to Pala d'Oro
- Access to St. Mark's Museum
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
On this self-audio-guided tour, soak up the pure exquisiteness of the St. Mark’s Basilica of Piazza San Marco. It’s also known as the ‘Golden Basilica’ because of its infinite mosaic paneling made of pure gold. With your reserved access ticket to the ground floor of the Basilica and a detailed audio guide in English, French, Spanish, Italian, and German (to download onto your phone), learn all about the history and artworks of this world-famous cathedral so integral to the heart of Venice.
Gaze in wonder at the arches and turrets of the exterior facade of this golden masterpiece. Rich in Byzantine art and 43,000 square feet of mosaic alone, you’ll also observe marble inlays on the floors, marble pillars, and the uniquely small windows of the Basilica. The gold and blue hues of the ceiling mosaics stand out the most. Listen to interesting legends and anecdotes about the stories behind the Biblical scenes painted on the interiors and the colorful embellishments and statues and paintings of animals, and learn how artists created these incredible works of art in 1060. If you wish, sit on a bench and quietly take in this unforgettable monument of great artistic vision at your pace.
know before you go
know before you go
- Please note this ticket includes access to the ground floor of the Basilica only.
- You will be required to pay on the spot for collateral Pala D'Oro (€5) & St. Mark's Museum (€7).
- Receive the ticket and the code for the audio guide at the meeting point indicated.
- Please arrive at the timeslot selected otherwise you'd lose your booking.
- Strict Dress Code: Please avoid wearing shorts, tank tops, or revealing clothing.
- The Basilica is suitable for wheelchair users and pram/stroller users.
- Professional and non-private photography and filming are forbidden.
- Strictly use earphones when inside the Basilica (they will also elevate your audio guide experience)!
- The venue does not have a smartphone charging facility. Please ensure you charge your phone before your visit to enjoy an uninterrupted digital audio guide experience.
- You cannot enter with luggage. There is Luggage Storage in Piazzetta dei Leoncini, a few meters from the Basilica.
- 10:30am, 11:30am, and 2:30pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Venice City Tours.
- Address :St. Mark's Square, Calle Larga de l'Ascension 1257.
- The audio guide must be redeemed at the same tour office.
- Address: Piazza San Marco, Venice, 30124.
- Landmark: Big grey newsstand between Fendi boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office) with a sign "VENICE TOURS – ASSISTANCE POINT".
- The nearest ferry terminal is San Marco Vallaresso "A", its a 3-minute walk from the meeting point.
- Catch ferry #1 and N to get there.