Sigmund Freud Museum Tickets
Dive into the life and work of the founder of psychoanalysis at the Sigmund Freud Museum, housed in his former apartment and workplace.
- Enter the place where Sigmund Freud changed the world of psychology.
- Enjoy access to all the private rooms of the family, including Freud's "first" practice.
- See original objects, historical documents, and photographs that will give you an insight into Freud's professional and family life.
- Discover an incredible collection of conceptual art, hosted in a permanent exhibition on the upper ground floor.
- Admission to Sigmund Freud Museum
- Guided tours by appointment
- Audio guide
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Berggasse 19 is one of the most recognizable addresses in Vienna, where the world-famous neurologist Sigmund Freud stayed and practiced for 47 years before fleeing from the Nazis in 1938. Drawing over 100,000 visitors from across the globe every year, the museum was newly expanded and renovated in 2020. With originally preserved structures and a number of objects, historical documents, and photographs, the new exhibits will offer you an in-depth look at Freud's professional and family life. Visit Anna Freud's living and practice rooms, dedicated to her work of combining psychoanalysis and pedagogy.
Go up the historic stairwell that connects the living spaces on the mezzanine level with the “doctor’s apartment” on the upper ground floor. Here, you will find the permanent exhibition Hidden Thoughts of a Visual Nature. It showcases selected works from artists like Franz West, Heimo Zobernig, Susan Hiller, John Baldessari, and more. Another special exhibition is the Analysis Interminable. Psychoanalytic Schools of Thought after Freud, the first one after the renovation. Here, you can watch interesting short films and interviews that feature 5 practicing psychoanalysts from New York, Dublin, and Berlin.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- This ticket includes all the parts of the attraction.
- This attraction is wheelchair accessible, and also provides accessibility for pregnant women.
- Guide dogs are allowed inside the attraction.
- Photography is allowed (no flash and tripods).
- WiFi and cloakroom facilities are available.
- Food and drinks are available for purchase.
Wed to Sun: 10am - 6pm
Children aged 0-11 go free. Youths aged 12-18, students aged 19-27, and seniors aged above 65 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must carry a valid student ID.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem your ticket directly at the entrance of the attraction: Sigmund Freud Museum.
- Address: Berggasse 19, 1090 Wien, Austria.
- By Bus: Take bus #N38 to Schlickgasse station, which is within a 1-minute walk from the attraction.
- By Tram: Take trams #1 or #D to Schlickgasse station, a 2-minute walk from the attraction.
- By Subway: Take lines U2 or U4 to Schottenring station, which is within an 11-minute walk from the attraction.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.