Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, & Gangchon Rail Bike Day Trip from Seoul
Enjoy the ethereal atmosphere of Nami Island boasting a plethora of beautifully aligned trees in a picturesque setting. Get transported to France within South Korea in the quaint village of Petite France. Discover the thrill of biking on the Gangchon rail road and slow down on your visit to the Garden of Morning Calm, the oldest private garden in South Korea.
- Enjoy a stroll through the moon-shaped Nami Island and lose yourself amidst a sanctuary of majestic, tall trees that witness the changing seasons of Korea.
- Discover a mini France in Korea in the European-esque village of Petite France inspired by the famous book, ‘The Little Prince.’
- Pedal along old railroad tracks and ride into the Korean wilderness. Experience an all-in-one journey from musical tunnels to paddy fields and glistening rivers.
- Enjoy a scenic walk and calm your soul at the Garden of Morning Calm, the oldest private garden in Korea.
- Entry into Nami Island, Petite France, and Garden of Morning Calm
- Rail Bike ride
- Round-trip transportation
- English-speaking staff
- Personal Expenses
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
what to expect
Spend the day exploring must-see attractions outside of Seoul. Escape from the hustle of the city and embark on a journey full of postcard-perfect memories and revel in the beautiful scenery.
Your journey will begin at Petite France, a vibrant little French village with brightly colored buildings. Displaying vintage vibes and modern cultural references, this village is a sight for sore eyes. Inspired by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s famous story of ‘The Little Prince,’ one can find images and references of the Prince throughout the village. With medieval European-styled gardens channeling romantic vibes in lush hues, this visually enchanting place is much like France in itself. You’ll also find street performances like puppet shows and orgel demonstrations to complete the French experience.
Although, just a bus or taxi ride away from Petite France, Nami Island transports you to another whimsical dimension altogether. This half moon-shaped isle feels as though a scene straight out of a fairy-tale drama, quite literally. It was the famous Korean drama series - Winter Sonata, that popularised this island and captured it for the beauty it is. A scenic hotspot with tree-lined walkways full of majestic Redwoods, Ginkgos, and Pines, there is no perfect season to visit. Every season is just as beautiful and unique as the other! Also, enjoy street-side snacks of Korean specialities, truly one-of-a-kind!
Gangchon Rail Bike
Pedal along an old railroad track that has been converted into a rail bike track. For a course of 40 minutes, ride past rice paddies, rivers, and mountains in a picture-perfect scenery. Marvel at the Bukhangang River as you ride along the historic route used by Mugunghwa train and feel the fresh breeze on your face.
Garden of Morning Calm
This is the place to go to if one wishes to take things slow and immerse themselves in the beauty around. The Garden of Morning Calm is the oldest private garden in Korea with beautiful flowers and landscapes. With 26 themed gardens, this is a dreamland for photographers. Enjoy a scenic stroll through its lush greenery and feel yourself come to a standstill as your heart calms down.
- Nami Island + Petite France + Rail Bike
- Nami Island + The Garden of Morning Calm + Rail Bike
- Nami Island + Petite France + The Garden of Morning Calm + Rail Bike
know before you go
- Free for children under 3 provided they don’t occupy a seat.
- The schedule is likely to change in the winter months (Dec - March) due to the Light Festival in the Garden.
- If space for wheelchair/stroller is required, please mention at the time of booking.
Nami Island + Petite France + Rail Bike -
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday
Nami Island + The Garden of Morning Calm + Rail Bike -
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday
Nami Island + Petite France + The Garden of Morning Calm + Rail Bike -
Every Monday and Thursday except on Korean public holidays
This schedule is subject to change according to weather and traffic conditions.
7:20 AM - Departure from Hongik University Station Exit 4
8:00 AM - Departure from Myeong-dong Station Exit 2
8:10 AM - Departure from Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station Exit 10
9:40 AM - Arrive at Railbike Station
11:30 AM - Leave for Nami Island
12:00 PM - Arrive at Nami Island
3:00 PM - Leave for Petite France
3:30 PM - Arrive at Petite France
4:30 PM - Leave for the Garden of Morning Calm
5:10 PM - Arrive at the Garden of Morning Calm
6:10 PM - Leave for Seoul
7:30 PM - Arrive at Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station
7:40 PM - Arrive at Myeongdong Station
8:20 PM - Arrive at Hongik Univ. Station
- Your mobile voucher will be sent to your email shortly.
- Please display your voucher at the time of entry into the attractions.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
There are three meeting/departure points which you can choose according to your convenience.
- Hongik University Station Exit 4 at 7:20 AM
- Myeong-dong Station Exit 3 at 8:00 AM
- Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station Exit 10 at 8:10 AM