Santorini Cable Car Admission Tickets
Admire spectacular views of Fira and the Santorini Islands on this brilliant cable car ride!
- Witness the beautiful Santorini coastline and the port of Fira as you ascend to Thera.
- Enjoy memorable sights of the charming white-washed homes perched atop the cliff.
- Support the age-old tradition of the Santorini mule drivers by purchasing a ticket.
- Since a cable car arrives every half minute, there is barely any waiting time.
All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Cost of luggage carriage(3.00€ per luggage, payable on spot)
- Skip the line access.
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
The Santorini Cable Car serves as a vital link between the town of Thera and Fira port. Established back in 1979, the cable car is jointly owned by several different communities of Santorini. At its peak, the cable car was serving over 1200 people every hour! This number has been reduced, however, due to Covid restrictions. The ride offers some of the most brilliant views of the surrounding calderas and coastal settlements. Bask in unmatched sights of the white-washed houses nestled atop the 1300-foot cliff. The view of the deep blue Aegean Sea is truly a sight to behold as you ascend to the town of Thera on top of the caldera at the island’s western tip.
Besides the incredibly enjoyable ride, you will also be supporting the traditional mule drivers of Santorini by taking the cable car. A percentage of the ticket earnings are redirected to the mule drivers to help them preserve their tradition.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
1 Nov - 30 Nov and 1 March - 31 March:
Every 30 seconds from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM and from 2:30 PM to 6 PM
1 Dec - 28 Feb:
Every 30 seconds from 7 AM to 9 AM and from 3 PM to 4 PM
1 Apr- 30 Apr:
At 6:30 AM, 6:40 AM, 6:50 AM, and then every 20 seconds from 7 AM to 9 PM
1 May - 31 May and 1 September - 31 October:
At 6:30 AM, 6:40 AM, 6:50 AM, and then every 20 seconds from 7 AM to 10 PM (last entry at 9:40 PM)
Duration: 3 minutes
- This ride is not wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- This ride is not suitable for pets.
- Timetables might be changed without notice under certain unavoidable circumstances.
- The ticket is valid only for a one-way trip.
- Photography is allowed on this ride.
- You are advised to wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please print your voucher and present it at the attraction, along with a valid photo ID.
- Please arrive at the redemption point 10-15 minutes before your scheduled time to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem your tickets directly at the entrance of the attraction: Cable car of Santorini.
- Address: Thera 847 00, Greece.
- The closest bus stops are Fira and Firostefani, both within a 10 to 11-minute walk of the attraction.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during the checkout.