Exclusive Entry: Sistine Chapel Express, St. Peter’s Basilica & Vatican Crypts Tour
Enter the Sistine Chapel a full hour-and-a-half before the general public, giving you the elusive chance to see this Roman attraction before everyone else! Also included is skip the line access to St. Peter's Basilica and entry into the Vatican Crypts, which is rarely included on most tours in Rome.
- Enter the Sistine Chapel an hour-and-a-half before the general public with this early access tour, and be part of the first group to enter the attraction.
- Skip the line at the entrance to St. Peter's Basilica and see Michaelangelo's famous work, the Pietà, here.
- Visit the Vatican Crypts and see where the most important Popes have been buried, a rare and unique opportunity that is not included on most tours in Rome.
- Accompanied by an expert, English-speaking guide, you will learn about all three attractions and will also be provided with audio headsets so you won't miss out on a word.
- Access to the Vatican Museums 30 minutes before other tour operators and 1 hour and 30 minutes before the general public.
- Skip the line access to St. Peter's Basilica.
- Visit to the crypts beneath the Basilica.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide.
- Audio headsets.
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel this tour up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
The early access Sistine Chapel tour begins outside the Vatican Museums, even before they have opened. You will enter about an hour-and-a-half before the general public and go directly into the Sistine Chapel, accompanied by an expert guide. Look out for Michaelangelo's prized artwork that you can admire in a hassle-free manner as there are no jostling crowds around you. Look out for The Last Judgement and the famous Creation of Adam on the Chapel's ceiling.
Skip the Line Entry to St. Peter's Basilica
After exploring the Sistine Chapel, you will be led to St. Peter's Basilica through a special door (that's not available to the public). Skip the line access ensures that you avoid the crowds at the entrance to the Vatican that will begin piling up. Upon entering the basilica, you will be in awe of its sheer size and beauty. Look out for Michaelangelo's La Pietà, and Bernini's altar, made of twisted wood and bronze, and recycled from the Pantheon.
A Rare Visit to the Vatican Crypts
Finally, head below St. Peter's Basilica to the Vatican crypts, where the most important Popes in Catholic history have been buried, which is a huge honor bestowed upon them. Once you're done exploring the crypts, you will be led back to St. Peter's Square.
know before you go
St. Peter's Basilica and other religious sites are subject to occasional closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an extended tour of the Vatican Museums, or an appropriate alternative. In these cases, we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
Due to increased security measures at many attractions, some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access.
This 2-hour tour begins at 7:20 AM and operates on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The last entrance at the Sistine Chapel on November 30th will be at 8.30 AM.
Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
You will receive an email with your Exclusive Entry: Sistine Chapel Express, St. Peter’s Basilica & Vatican Crypts Tour tickets shortly. You may display the tickets on your mobile device at the meeting point on the day of the tour.