Pompeii Italian-Guided Tour with Skip-the-Line
Avoid the notoriously-long ticket queues at Pompeii with your skip-the-line tickets and take a deep-dive into the history of this city as you walk through the cobbled streets. Listen intently to your local tour guide to pick up fascinating anecdotes and secrets about the ancient city.
- Whim past the long queue lines and make your way into the site with your skip-the-line access tickets
- Indulge in a historic adventure into the Roman town and see common artifacts that resemble those found in the 21st century
- See an ancient town almost perfectly preserved by volcanic ash; discover frescos, buildings, artworks, and human plaster casts
- Explore the ancient shops, the amazing theatre, thermal baths, and more, all set against Mt. Vesuvius as a backdrop
- Your small group allows you to have an intimate experience while listening intently to your expert Italian-speaking tour guide
- Feel the city brought to life with the stories narrated by your guide, and learn what you have in common from people in the 1st century
Pompeii is the stuff of legends, and has inspired countless documentaries, movies, and books! The city dates back to nearly 2,000 years. An ancient site, the town was unearthed in 1748 AD after the infamous eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD. This tour is particularly beneficial because you get to stroll past the famously long ticketing queues. You'll even have a dedicated Italian-speaking guide for company, who will let you in on interesting anecdotes about the places and things you see.
Join a small group of 20 people or less and start exploring the buildings in Pompeii – from homes to bath houses, fast food stores to outdoor theatres. With ancient ruins and a skyline dominated by Mount Vesuvius, the visuals through this discovery are breathtaking. Admire the frescos and statues spread over the town. See the 25 street fountains, 4 public baths and many business buildings, which paints an almost real picture of the town in its hay day. As you stroll through the cobbled streets you’ll find yourself looking at everything with a sense of wonder and amazement. After all, you’re in a place that is frozen in the fabric of time.
Continue following your guide as they recreate the hustle and bustle of this once-busy port town. Discover what each building was used for, where families ate their meals, did laundry and socialized – and where sailors went when they docked. Your licensed Pompeii guide is an expert Italian-speaker too. You'll have headsets to be sure that you catch every word, with a little extra space for wandering and picture-taking. By the end of this tour, your understanding of the ancient world is sure to change. After all, you will see how much you have in common with people who lived in the first century. From everyday objects to wine barrels, there’s a lot for you to see and discover on this tour!
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Pompeii Archaeological Site
- Small-group guided tour (less than 20 people) inside the ruins of Pompeii
- Official, Italian-speaking authorized local guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Go
- Please note that transport to the venue is not provided but you will have to make your own way to the meeting point as per instructions
- Make sure to bring your own mask to the meeting point. Upon arrival in Pompeii, you will be subjected to temperature measurement by means of a thermo-scanner. The wearing of a mask in open spaces is advised, but remains obligatory indoors, in crowded spaces, and where social distancing of at least one meter cannot be guaranteed
- It is mandatory to maintain a social distance of 1 meter outdoors and 1.50 meters indoors, on the site, and outside
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, you may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. This may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Unfortunately, the tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. Strollers or baby carriages cannot be accommodated
- Some sites on your visit lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. Carry a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water in warm weather
- Skip-the-line access and careful planning means limited crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
- Some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures
- The tour operator reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or the staff
- The excavation fee for all first Sundays of the month is free
- It’s very important for you to enter the site from the entrance at Porta Marina Inferiore
Tue to Sun - 11 AM onwards
Infants aged 2 and below may enter for free. Children aged 3-7ys enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID)
Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- The meeting point is in Piazza di Porta Marina Inferiore, which is located near the Porta Marina Inferiore entrance of Pompeii Archaeological site
- It is near the lemonade kiosk, under the covered area, near the Domus Pompeiana souvenir store
- Look out for your tour guide who will be waiting here
- Check your email voucher for the exact instructions
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
Get off at Pompeii Scavi Villa dei Misteri stop. Exit the train station, turn right, and continue straight all the way on via Villa dei Misteri. When you exit the station, you will see a first entrance to the archaeological site on your left (Porta Marina), but please ignore it and don’t go inside. Instead continue straight on Via Villa dei Misteri, along the road down the hill. You have to continue until you spot the Suisse Restaurant, then take the left turn to Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore, walking with the Hotel Suisse on your right side until you spot a lemonade kiosk. Your meeting point is on Piazza di Porta Marina Inferiore, nearby the lemonade kiosk, under the covered area, near the Domus Pompeiana souvenir store. This is where your guide will meet you
Ask the driver to take you to Porta Marina Inferiore entrance of Pompeii Archaeological site. Your meeting point is near the lemonade kiosk, under the covered area, where the Domus Pompeiana souvenir store is. Your guide will be waiting for you here
This ticket is valid for the same date selected at checkout