One of the most traditional ways to explore Arashiyama, a comfortable guided rickshaw ride, will introduce you to Japan’s breathtaking scenery and fascinating culture with a view of the world-famous Arashiyama Bamboo Forest.
- Witness Arashiyama’s scenery aboard a traditional rickshaw with a Japanese/English-speaking guide by your side.
- The foliage of tall bamboo stalks of the Arashiyama bamboo forest is photography heaven for all the photo fanatics out there.
- At the Togetsu-kyo Bridge, get gorgeous views of seasonal spring blossoms and the yellows and reds of fall dotting the green hills.
- Relax on your 12-min comfortable ride as you learn about the myths of the bridge and how it is significant to Japanese initiation traditions.
- Go solo or choose a 2-participant ride with your companion, and enjoy the ride admiring Arashiyama's scenery.
- 12-min rickshaw ride in Arashiyama (single or 2 or more)
- Japanese/English-speaking guide
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
A truly surreal experience, Arashiyama welcomes you to splendid sceneries and intriguing traditions, which you can explore on a traditional rickshaw ride. With a Japanese/English-speaking guide to tell you more about this enchanting region, get ready to behold sights that will awe you. The sunlight streaming through the canopy of tall, green bamboo stalks in the Arashiyama bamboo forest creates a heavenly view. Click pictures to your heart’s content of this place, which is also one of the most photographed forests in the world.
The Heritage and Sights of Togetsu-kyo Bridge
As your rickshaw ride takes you to the Togetsu-kyo Bridge, your view will be flooded with awe-inspiring panoramas of lush green hills and the Katsura River flowing alongside. A blanket of baby pink spring blossoms envelops the area during spring, whereas the fall season dyes the tree leaves of the hills in gold and rust, creating a bright scenery. You can choose to go for a comfortable solo ride, or have your companion along with the 2-participant ride option. Learn about the traditions followed in this region for ages and how the bridge is a part of the initiation ceremony for children. As your rickshaw ride comes to an end, click plenty of pictures to cherish the memory of Arashiyama’s scenic view.
know before you go
know before you go
- 3 participants can be arranged to travel in 2 rickshaws.
- The tour operates all year round, even on rainy days.
- The experience is not accessible for women who are in the first 16 weeks of pregnancy.
- One young child aged 5 and under can ride with a single adult.
- Guests may have to wait for a ride during busy hours.
- Daily: 10am - 4:30pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
Ticket Redemption Points
- You can redeem your tickets at any one of the 4 rickshaw stands.
- Please check the link for details about the redemption counters & their operating hours.