Enjoy comfortable pick-up and transfer to the magnificent Mt. Vesuvius as well as the National Park around it on your visit. Learn about the wrath laid down on Pompeii by Mt. Vesuvius and how the ruins of this city are still preserved.
- Visit the legendary site of Mount Vesuvius from Naples with a comfortable roundtrip transfer between the two sites.
- Learn about how the legendary volcanic eruption from Mount Vesuvius destroyed the powerful city of Pompeii and other historical as well as geographical aspects from your multi-lingual guide.
- Take your time exploring the exquisite sites around the mountain which is active and predicted to erupt anytime soon and click lots of pictures as most of the area around has changed over the years.
- Did you know? When Mount Vesuvius erupted 2000 years ago, tons of debris came shooting out of the volcano which is said to be equivalent to 250,000 elephants raining per second.
- Guided tour
- Pickup from the meeting point
- Roundtrip transportation in a small group
- Vesuvius entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Hiking kit
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Start your journey at Naples by getting on board a comfortable bus under the guidance of an expert local guide. As you embark on this journey, enjoy the magnificent scenes on the route and learn about the landmarks that you encounter.
Within half an hour you can expect to reach the National park near the Bay of Naples. Moving ahead, the bus will be driven to a height of around 1 kilometer. From this point, your guide will take you to the craters on foot. When you reach the right spot, expect views that will surely steal your breath away. Check out the exquisite Mount Vesuvius and learn about the geological impact of the legendary volcanic eruption. Take lots of pictures and move around at your own pace to best experience the area.
know before you go
know before you go
- The experience includes hiking of moderate to high-level difficulty.
- Make sure you wear comfortable dress and hiking shoes and bring water as well as a hiking kit along as there is no other way to reach the crater.
- Daily: 9:30am or 1pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at P.za Giuseppe Garibaldi, 90.
- Address: P.za Giuseppe Garibaldi, 90, 80142 Napoli NA, Italy.
- Landmark: Starhotels Terminus.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The closest bus stop is Lucci - Garibaldi. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 455, 460, 472 and 475 to get you there.
- The closest train station is Piazza Garibaldi. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board trains L1, L4 to get you there.