Skip the long lines outside the Roman Empire Museum (Capitoline Museum) and enter with reserved entrance tickets. This is the world’s oldest museum and you are free to explore Rome’s best masterpieces here at your leisure!
- Be part of history as you enter the world’s oldest museum at the Capitoline Museums
- Skip the lines and explore a collection of artwork and ancient sculptures that reflect Rome’s rich past
- Admire the famous she-wolf sculpture that features Rome's founders, Romulus and Remus
- Hosted entry
- Reserved entrance
- Access to temporary exhibitions
- 1 cocktail + 1 snack (if selected)
- Access to exhibition: "Domiziano Imperatore. Odio e Amore" (13/07/2022 - 29/01/2023)
- Guided tour
- Pick up from the hotel
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Welcome to the world’s first museum! The Empire Roman Museum, also known as the Capitoline Museum, dates back all the way to 1471 when Pope Sixtus IV donated a collection of important ancient bronzes to the people of Rome and located them on the Capitoline Hill. Since then, the museum has played home to an extensive collection of art and artifacts, all of which represent stories of the fascinating history of Rome.
In 1734, Pope Clementine XII decided to make a significant collection of artwork and ancient sculptures permanently accessible to the Roman people. Thanks to this magnanimous act, he created the world's first museum, located on top of one of the Seven Hills of Rome. Facing the Ancient Roman Forum, the museum is simply a melting pot of history. Walk in and see the famous she-wolf sculpture featuring Rome's founders Romulus and Remus, and gasp at the treasure chest of items that reveal to you the story of Rome, the ancient Caput Mundi. Choose between an escorted entry ticket and one that comes with the additional offer of happy hours (1 cocktail + snacks) from one of the most fascinating viewpoints located in the heart of Rome.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- Entrance Tickets
- Entrance Tickets + Happy Hour
- Every day 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- 24 and 31 Dec 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM
- The last admission is one hour before closing
- Closing days: 1 Jan, 1 May and 25 Dec
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your host
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Collect your official tickets at The Touristation Office
- Address: Piazza d'Aracoeli, 16, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for "Touristation Colosseo"
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Bus: 30, 40, 70, 492, L70 to Aracoeli/Piazza Venezia