Save money on this exciting combo that includes access to Jerónimos Monastery and the Maritime Museum. Take advantage of this package deal to see the Jerónimos Monastery, a Portuguese national monument since 1907 and UNESCO World Heritage site since 1983, and the Maritime Museum's 17000+ exhibits.
- Gain access to two of Lisbon’s top attractions for discovering Portuguese heritage—the Jerónimos Monastery and Maritime Museum—with this combo ticket and save money while you are at it.
- Vasco da Gama's tomb, and those of other famous Portuguese figures like King Manuel, King Sebastiao, poet Luis de Cames, and others, can be found at the Jerónimos Monastery.
- At the Jerónimos Monastery, look at the tiled decoration depicting the Biblical story of Joseph, along with other religious stories, on the walls.
- Visit the Maritime Museum to learn about Portuguese explorers at sea who conquered new territories and maritime routes. They discovered 70% of the world that was previously unknown to Europeans.
- See Vasco da Gama's portable altar, Archangel Raphael's wooden statue, and the first seaplane!
- Among the 17,000 exhibits at Museu de Marinha are colossal and richly decorated ships, astrolabes, maps, relics, and more.
- Fun Fact: Jerónimos Monastery is not its Real Name. The actual name of this new monument is Mosteiro da Santa Maria de Belem, but it bares the nickname of “O Jerónimos”, which explains where Jerónimos Monastery came from.
- Entry into Jerónimos Monastery
- Entry to the Museum and Galeotas Pavilion
- Audio guide
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
These tickets are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase.
Since 1907, the Royal Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém, also known as the Jerónimos Monastery, has been a Portuguese national monument and a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is one of the most important symbols of medieval Portuguese architecture. This notable Lisbon landmark has a historical and artistic link to the Belém Tower. As you explore the monastery, take in the various elements of this stunning model of Manueline architectural style—Gothic, Moorish, and Renaissance styles. The two levels of the cloisters are intricate and full of structural detail. Within the carvings, columns, and arches, look for mythical creatures such as gargoyles and sea creatures. Do not miss the vaulted ceilings on the monastery's lower level or the views from the adjacent Church of Santa Maria de Belém's upper level.
Set out on an epic journey to learn about the Age of Discovery and the evolution of the Commercial and War Navy. This massive museum, housed in the beautiful 16th-century Jerónimos Monastery, commemorates the fascinating history of Portuguese navigators. Learn about famous explorers who made significant discoveries that changed the course of history. The oldest item on display is a wooden statue of Archangel Raphael, which accompanied Vasco da Gama on his voyage to India. Prepare to be enchanted by over 17,000 objects that provide insight into Portuguese power and conquests. There are iconic masterpieces such as a rowing boat decorated in a neo-Viking style in 1780, a model of the Amélia royal yacht prepared in 1900, nautical astrolabes, and the Santa Cruz seaplane, which was the first seaplane to fly over the ocean in 1922.
know before you go
know before you go
- For guests with reduced mobility, there is medium accessibility.
- There is wheelchair access to the lower level, but some sections are cobblestoned.
** Maritime Museum**
- Facilities: lockers; wheelchair accessibility; stroller accessibility; cloakroom.
- Closed on New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, May 1st, and December 25th.
- It is also closed periodically for State Protocol ceremonies.
May to September
- Tue to Sun: 10am - 6:30pm (last entry is at 5:45pm)
Octpber to April
- Tue to Sun: 10am - 5:30pm (last entry is at 4:45pm)
- Daily: 10am - 5pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
Ticket Redemption Points
- Show your ticket at Jerónimos Monastery
- Address: Praça do Império 1400-206 Lisboa, Portugal.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Museu de Marinha.
- Address: Praça do Império, 1400-206 Lisboa, Portugal.