Nutcracker - Tickets
Journey into the fantastical realm of the Nutcracker, the evil Mouse King, and the Sugar Plum Fairy as you watch the English National Ballet’s exceptional take on this timeless Christmas tale!
strict cancellation policy
This ticket cannot be canceled or refunded
why you should watch nutcracker
On a festive Christmas Eve in London, a girl named Clara receives a Nutcracker doll as a present from a mysterious family friend named Dr. Drosselmeyer. The house descends into an eerie stillness as the guests leave and the children go to bed. When the clock strikes twelve, the young girl’s world transforms along with her Nutcracker, who turns into a dashing prince. Together, Clara and the Nutcracker battle the evil Mouse King, visit the Land of Snow, and travel to the mystical Puppet Theatre in a hot-air balloon.
Arguably one of the most famous ballets in the world, Nutcracker has captivated audiences of all ages for over a century. Choreographed and reimagined by the prolific Wayne Eagling, this English National Ballet production features an impressive cast of over 100 of the company’s most accomplished dancers. From the ‘Waltz of Flowers’ to the final pas de deux, Tchaikovsky’s sublime score brilliantly compliments the choreography. The show features design by Peter Farmer and lighting by David Richardson.
Lovers of Classical Ballet | Tchaikovsky Admirers | Lovers of Classical Music | Family Audiences
“Boldly danced and imaginatively designed” – The Stage
“Enough to conjure up childlike wonder in the gloomiest grown-ups” – The Evening Standard
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
From 15th Dec, new entry procedures are in place at the London Coliseum. All customers will need to meet one of the conditions below depending on their age:
- Anyone aged 18 or over will be required to show either a valid NHS COVID Pass (or international equivalent) as proof of double vaccination or evidence of a negative lateral flow test within the last 24 hours to enter.
- Children aged 11-17 are strongly encouraged to take a Lateral Flow Test within 24 hours of attendance, and you may need to show the result of this test.
- Children under 11 do not require any additional checks at this time.
- You can order free rapid lateral flow tests from the government website or collect them from a local pharmacy.
- Please arrive as early as possible and no later than 15 minutes before the performance starts. Main doors and all bars will open 90 minutes before the performance. Auditorium doors open 60 minutes before.
- To avoid delays, please have your tickets ready on arrival; download or print your NHS COVID Pass in advance and arrive in good time to allow these extra checks to take place.
All customers must wear face-coverings at all times during their visit unless:
- They are under the age of 11
- When they are eating or drinking
- If medically exempt
If you are exempt, please let staff know on entry, and if you have one, please wear an exemption badge. We encourage all customers to be mindful and respectful of others as some people are less able to wear face coverings, and the reasons for this may not be visible to others.
If you arrive at the theatre and do not have a mask with you, our Front of House teams will be happy to provide you with one.
We have a zero-tolerance policy approach to abuse of any kind towards our staff. We ask that all audience members respect our team as they carry out these extra checks.
Duration: 2hrs and 15mins including one interval
Audience: Suitable for ages 5 +
No. of Shows a Week: ~9
Opening Date: 16 Dec 2021
Closing Date: 8 Jan 2022
Theatre Name: The London Coliseum
Theatre Facilities: Wheelchair, Theater Bar, Cloak Room, Assistive Hearing System
Dress Code: Smart casual
Concept and Choreography by