My Fair Lady
It's London in the 1910s, and haughty phonetics professor Henry Higgins wagers that he can transform the crude flower girl Eliza Doolittle to be a cultured member of high society. Can he do it? Book your ticket and find out!
strict cancellation policy
This ticket cannot be canceled or rescheduled.
why watch my fair lady
Romantic metamorphosis is an age-old tool for creating a fairytale-like mesmerizing story, and My Fair Lady makes the most of it. The musical has its own share of charm, beginning with Henry Higgins. He looks to transform the dirty and scruffy Eliza, who he finds selling flowers at Covent Garden, into a demure, upper-class lady, beginning with her accent and manner of speaking. Higgins tries to prove a linguistic point yet inadvertently falls in love with the shabby girl, and so the trials begin. Eliza has to undergo tests at the Embassy Ball and the Ascot races in order to fit into the society of her era. Watch as Eliza takes her place beside Higgins and rises to claim her place in a society that was severely critical of its lower classes.
The musical is directed by Bartlett Sher, who has been nominated for a whopping 9 Tony awards. He is famous for his direction of classics such as Fiddler on the Roof, and The King and I. Sher is also the recipient of a Tony Award for Best Direction of a Musical as well as a Drama Desk Award for his direction of the 2008 production of South Pacific.
Fans of George Bernard Shaw | Lovers of Traditional Theatre | West End Classics
know before you go
Duration: 3hrs (including interval)
Audience: To be confirmed
No. of Shows a Week: 3
Opening Date: 7 May 2022
Closing Date: 27 Aug 2022
Theatre Name: London Coliseum
Seating Capacity: 2,359
Theatre Facilities: Cloakroom, theatre bar, wheelchair accessibility
Dress Code: Smart casual
Cast & Crew
To be announced
Book and Lyrics By
Alan Jay Lerner
Additional Details & Tips
All customers will need to meet one of the conditions below depending on their age:
- Anyone aged 18 or over will be required to show either a valid NHS COVID Pass (or international equivalent) as proof of double vaccination or evidence of a negative lateral flow test within the last 24 hours to enter
- Children aged 11-17 are strongly encouraged to take a Lateral Flow Test within 24 hours of attendance, and you may need to show the result of this test.
- Children under 11 do not require any additional checks at this time.
- Please arrive as early as possible and no later than 15 minutes before the performance starts. Main doors and all bars will open 90 minutes before the performance. Auditorium doors open 60 minutes before.
- To avoid delays, please have your tickets ready on arrival; download or print your NHS COVID Pass in advance and arrive in good time to allow these extra checks to take place.
All guests must wear face-coverings at all times during their visit unless:
- They are under the age of 11.
- When they are eating or drinking.
- If medically exempt (if you are exempt, please let staff know on entry, and if you have one, please wear an exemption badge. We encourage all customers to be mindful and respectful of others as some people are less able to wear face coverings, and the reasons for this may not be visible to others).
There is a captioned performance on 26 May; an audio-described performance on 11 June and a signed performance on 14 July.
You will get an e-mail confirmation with your My Fair Lady voucher. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.