Les Miserables - Tickets
Be transported straight back to the tumultuous post-revolution France with this cult-classic based on Victor Hugo's legendary novel.
All West End show tickets are non-refundable.
why watch les misérables
The musical first came to London in 1985, and since then, it has taken the stage by storm. Les Misérables has run successfully for over 30 years and shows no signs of taking a break. It stays true to its theme that revolves around the romantic literary movement in the mid and late 19th century in Europe. With its big, belting moments, this drama follows several characters whose lives are intertwined, making for a spellbinding musical that you won’t be able to forget.
Les Misérables follows the story of Jean Valjean, a peasant convicted for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his sister’s famished kid. After 19 years in prison, Valjean decides to live his life anew. A bishop deeply inspires him and sets him on the road to redemption. Valjean must now elude a police inspector named Javert who is intent on bringing him to justice. He meets many interesting characters along the way, and all of them are unexpectedly swept into the fray of a gruesome revolution that shakes the very foundations of France. The tale of Valjean’s continuous struggles and his blooming romance with a woman named Cosette is as fresh as the day Victor Hugo first wrote it. The cast does an incredible job of making sure the audience is constantly immersed in the world that this musical conjures.
Drama lovers | Fans of the Original Movie or Book
“In all key respects, Les Misérables has stood the test of time well.”
– The Telegraph
“Here celebrating its 25th anniversary, Les Misérables is a rousing, shamelessly entertaining evening of tuneful and spectacular popular theatre that saved the Royal Shakespeare Company from penury”
– The Guardian
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- As part of the COVID measures you will receive an email from the theatre 24 hours before the performance with COVID information and instructions directly pertaining to your visit.
- As capacity restrictions are lifted, we ask that all audience members bring with them proof of double-vaccination, a recent negative lateral flow test, or natural immunity.
- Simple ways to demonstrate proof include the NHS COVID Pass, NHS COVID-19 test notification, or an internationally recognized equivalent.
- Please wear a face-covering out of consideration for those around you.
- Do not come to the theatre if you feel unwell, have any coronavirus symptoms, or have been told to self-isolate.
- Use the hand sanitizer available at the theatre.
- Be mindful of others and their space, where possible, particularly when moving around the theatre.
- Bring a contactless payment card. An enhanced level of cleaning is delivered throughout the theatres and 100% fresh air is provided through the ventilation system.
- Contact-free security checks are carried out.
- Cash gifts are not accepted and opportunities for cast autographs or photos cannot be arranged.
Duration: 2hr 50mins (inc. interval)
Audience: Recommended for ages 8 and above
No. of Shows a Week: ~9
Opening Date: 26 Sep 2021
Closing Date: 10 Jul 2022
Theatre Name: Sondheim Theatre
Theatre Facilities: Bar, Infrared hearing loop, Wheelchair accessibility
Dress Code: Smart casual
Rachelle Ann Go
Rodney Earl Clarke
- Keep in mind, the theater is air-conditioned throughout the year and can get a bit chilly. Bring along a light jacket if needed.
- Everyone, regardless of age, must have their own ticket to enter the theatre.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by and sat next to a ticketholder who is at least 18 years old. Children under the age of 3 will not be admitted.
- Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. You may not bring food or drink purchased elsewhere.
- Only bring one small bag that can be stored under your seat, as the cloakrooms are not currently available.
You will get an email confirmation with your Les Miserables voucher. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.