Florence to Pisa Excursion with the Leaning Tower Admission Ticket
Witness the splendor that the university town of Pisa has to offer as you go on a lovely drive through the Tuscan countryside. Drive past the Arno Valley in Pisa and marvel at the beautiful monuments in and around the Catedral area. Enjoy a fun guided visit to the Piazza dei Miracoli as well.
- Experience the lovely Tuscan countryside as you drive along the Arno Valley to reach the magnificent city of Pisa.
- Enjoy a fantastic walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli with a guide to show you around.
- A professional local guide will give you detailed accounts of the areas in the city, with specific emphasis on the Leaning Tower of Pisa as one of the seven wonders of the world.
- Transport by luxury coach.
- Professional local guide at Pisa (optional)
- A multilingual tour escort.
- Cathedral admission.
flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
why you shouldn’t miss this
The most famous city in the Tuscany region of Italy, Pisa lies on both sides of the Arno, close to where it meets the Ligurian Sea. Although it is best known for the Leaning Tower, the city is peppered with medieval buildings and churches that are filled with rich history and are incredible architectural achievements in themselves.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a bell tower that is freestanding in the cathedral of Pisa. Called the ‘Campanile’ in Italian, it is famous for the unintentional tilt that is characteristic of the structure. The tilt started in the 12th century, during its construction, due to insufficient strength in the ground below the foundation. The ground was far too soft on one side to support the tower's entire weight. The tilt of the tower increased gradually with time until some restoration was performed. The Leaning Tower of Pisa currently has a tilt of 3.99 degrees, but it was once tilting at a dangerous 5.5 degrees before its restoration.
You will begin with an amazing drive through the scenic countryside of Tuscany until you reach Pisa, a city renowned for its splendid architecture. When you reach the city, you will meet a knowledgeable local guide who will take you on an outdoor walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and the other monuments in the area. This square is an architectural delight that houses the Cathedral, whose design clearly showcases the unique Pisan-Romanesque style of architecture. The tour will then take you to the Leaning Tower and the circular Baptistery. The excursion will focus primarily on the Leaning Tower, its fascinating history and the story behind its unique name.
know before you go
- The tour begins at 1:30 PM, every day of the week.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- The tour spans for 5 hours and 45 minutes.
- Round Trip Transfers Only
- Round Trip Transfers with Guided Pisa Visit
- Visiting the tower requires considerable amount of physical effort. The spiral staircase has as many as 300 steps and it is not recommended for anybody with impaired health conditions.
- It is strictly forbidden to walk along the external passageways.
- You will receive an email confirmation along with your mobile voucher in 30-45 minutes
- Please display this voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your host.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your guide/bus at Piazzale Montelungo, Firenze FI, Italy.
- Your pick up point is next to the Caf Tour & Travel - Gray Line Yellow Street Sign.
- Landmark : Close to Le Voyage 2
To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Piazzale Montelungo or follow the Google Coordinates For Your Meeting Point
Getting To Piazzale Montelungo
- The nearest Bus Station is Fermata Autobus Piazza Monte Lungo Firenze (Stop ID : FI_161) . To know the buses that frequent this stop click here .
- The nearest Train Station is Firenze S.M.N. Station, an 8 minute walk (650m) from your meeting point.
- Late arrivals and people who miss their tour will be considered a no-show and will not be eligible for a refund
- These tour reservations have strict timings. If you are late, it will not be possible to join the group, unless you pay for the activity again (subject to availability).