Skip the Line Tickets - Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
Skip the long ticket lines and gain priority access to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel with these tickets. Explore the ancient halls of the Vatican Museums and discover some of the greatest works of Renaissance art - from the monumental Gallery of Maps to Michelangelo's masterpiece on the walls of the Sistine Chapel.
- Benefit from priority access and bypass the winding ticket queue to make your way to the intriguing Vatican Museums and explore the Pigna Courtyard, Pius Clementino Museum, Chandelier’s Gallery, Tapestries Gallery, Raphael’s Rooms and many more!
- With these online fast-track tickets from Headout, you need not worry about the long winding queues and you will also be guaranteed access to an otherwise sold out attraction.
- You will also get the chance to marvel at the breathtaking murals that adorn the walls of the world famous Sistine Chapel.
What to Expect
On the day of your visit, head to the Vatican Museums with your mobile voucher and display it on your phone to the security guards and after the security check, scan your voucher at the CASSA ONLINE E GRUPPI, the Vatican ticket office at the museums. Once you have scanned the voucher and received the tickets, you are free to explore the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel for as long as you like.
The Vatican Museums are home to a number of classical sculptures, tapestries, and paintings by Renaissance greats such as Raphael, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, Bernini, and Leonardo da Vinci. A section of the museum is also dedicated to Modern Religious Art. Paintings and sculptures here come from artists such as Vincent van Gogh, Paul Gauguin, Salvador Dalí, and Pablo Picasso. The iconic sections of the Vatican Museums that one should visit are the Raphael Rooms, the Gallery of Maps, the Sala Rotunda and the Gallery of Statues and the Hall of Busts.
Situated at the end of the Vatican Museums and neighboring St. Peter's Basilica is the famed Sistine Chapel. Built in the 15th century, its walls and ceilings are covered by some of the most astounding frescoes ever produced. The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel is especially famous. Painted by Michelangelo in a span of 4 years, the frescoes of the Sistine Chapel are considered to be a cornerstone of western art. The Last Judgement covers the wall behind the altar and is probably the most famous single work of art in the Sistine Chapel.
Note: Entry to the museums is by obligatory online booking.
- Skip the Line tickets to the Vatican Museums.
- Skip the Line tickets to the Sistine Chapel.
- Audioguide (Optional)
- St. Peter's Basilica
Know Before You Go
The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel are open from Monday to Saturday - 8.30 AM to 6.30 PM. Sundays are closed.
All the extraordinary openings of the last Sunday of the month are suspended.
Access to St. Peter's Basilica is free but there could be a waiting line during peak season.
Reduced Price Tickets
Children between the age of 6 to 18 and including 18 are eligible for reduced prices. Please select "Child" option on the last page.
Please be dressed appropriately. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
For visitors with mobility impairment, the Vatican Museums offer free wheelchair hire from the cloakroom.
The closest station to the Vatican is the Ottaviano-S. Pietro station. Line A of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes. The Museum is a 5-minute walk from this metro station.
This ticket cannot be canceled but can be rescheduled 6h prior to the schedule (based on availability).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.