Zaanse Schans Windmills, Volendam and Marken Extended Tour + Free Amsterdam Canal Cruise
Don't miss a chance to explore the quaint village of Zaanse Schans and admire its emblematic windmills. You will also get to visit Volendam and Marken on this immersive half day trip. Additionally, enjoy a complimentary canal cruise, giving you the picturesque experience that the Dutch capital is known for.
- Experience the stunning beauty of the Dutch countryside with a day-trip from Amsterdam accompanied by a Professional English/Spanish speaking guide.
- Learn about Dutch cheese at the fishing village of Volendam with an expert guide by your side.
- Enjoy a cruise from Volendam to Marken and take in the Dutch sights along the way.
- Visit a clog making workshop at Marken and admire the vintage windmills at Zaanse Schans.
- You will also get to enjoy a delightful boat trip on the Ijsselmeer with a GPS audio guide available in 16 languages.
- Along with this delightful tour, you will benefit from a complimentary 30-minute canal cruise, allowing you to admire the city from a unique vantage point.
- Live Guide in English and Spanish.
- Entrance fees.
- Admission to a beautiful working windmill.
- Admission to the Cheese Factory Volendam.
- Demonstration from a traditional clog maker.
- A visit to a traditional Dutch bakery.
- A boat trip on the Ijsselmeer.
- GPS audio guide in 16 languages.
- Complimentary 30-minute canal cruise.
- Food & beverages
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
Experience the Beauty of the Dutch Countryside & Indulge in Dutch Cheese and Volendam
Revel in the beauty of the Dutch countryside with a tour of its charming villages. Get onboard a classic bus and make your way out of Amsterdam to explore hamlets like Volendam, Marken, and Zaanse Schans. As you take in the lush scenery, you will stop by the famous fishing hamlet of Volendam. Here, you will take in the sights and sounds at its picturesque harbour before making your way to a local cheese factory. As you tour the factory, you will learn about the various forms of Dutch cheese and the guide will even show you how the cheese is prepared. You will then board a boat on the Ijsselmeer with a GPS audio guide and make your way to Marken.
Visit a Clog Making Workshop at Marken and Admire the Vintage Windmills at Zaanse Schans
Next, at Marken, you can amble along its quaint streets before you step into a clog factory and see the skilled craftsmen at work. The last stop will be at Zaanse Schans that is famous for its vintage windmills. An industrial village, you will get a tour of one of the centuries-old windmills and an expert will show you how it works.
know before you go
- March 18 - October 28:
Daily at 08:45 AM and 02:45 PM.
- October 29 - March 17:
Daily at 09:15 AM and 12:15 PM.
This day trip is 6 hours long.
This tour departs at 8:45 AM on the 27th of April due to King's day.
Canal Cruise Timings
Canal cruises depart from 9:30 AM - 11:00 PM daily.
Reduced Price Tickets
Reduced price tickets are available for children (between ages 4-12) at 24.6 EUR.
- You will receive an email confirmation with your Zaanse Schans, Volendam, Marken Extended Tour + Free Amsterdam Canal Cruise vouchers shortly.
- Please display your vouchers on your mobile phone with valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ensure you assemble at Amsterdam Central Station: IJ-Hal, De Ruijterkade 34 a, 30 minutes before the tour departs.
For your free canal cruise, ensure you assemble at Prins Hendrikkade 25, about 30 minutes before the cruise departs.