Housesteads Roman Fort Ticket
Travel back to the Roman Empire era as you visit Housesteads Roman Fort, a significant fort on Hadrian's Wall World Heritage Site!
- Visit a historic landmark of the Hadrian's Wall, Housesteads Roman Fort.
- Learn all about the lives of 800 self-sufficient soldiers that once lived here.
- Walk past barracks block, hospitals, granaries, and communal toilets.
- Visit the mini-cinema for a journey through time and further insight on Roman buildings.
- Gasp at excavated finds, including altars, stones, jewelry, tools, and weapons.
- Walk along the Housesteads Trail and discover the Northumberland National Park.
- Admission into Housesteads Roman Fort
- Guided tour
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Set on a steep slope and surrounded by dramatic stretches of Hadrian's Wall, a visit to the historic Housesteads Roman Fort is more than just a basic history lesson. Uncover the lives of self-sufficient soldiers that once lived here. Imagine what life was like for the 800 soldiers that lived here during the Roman Period. Visit the barracks block, hospitals, granaries, and communal toilets.
Head into the museum and visit the mini-cinema. A film will breathe life into the original Roman buildings. Discover fascinating collections of Roman altars, dedication stones, jewelry, tools, and weapons, all excavated from the fort. The winged statue, Victory, will be hard to miss- it is a classical sculpture found in the landscape. Finally, stroll along the Housesteads Trail that covers tranquil parts of the Northumberland National Park.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
The grounds of Housesteads Roman fort are open. Our shop is open but all other indoor areas remain closed, and safety measures are in place to keep everyone safe. Please keep in mind the government’s latest advice on traveling:
- Roman fort - The fort will be open as usual and access to the wider stretches of Hadrian's Wall from Housesteads is as usual.
- Museum and Exhibition - The museum will remain closed to aid social distancing.
- Shop - The shop is open.
- Infants aged 4 and under go free. Children aged 5-17, students with valid NUS cards, senior citizens aged 65 and up, and families enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry valid photo IDs)
- One ticket valid for the entry of 2 adults and up to 3 children.
- One ticket valid for the entry of 1 adult and up to 3 children.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets at the main entrance of the attraction: Housesteads Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall.
- Address: Near, Hexham NE47 6NN, United Kingdom.
- The closest bus stop is Visitor Centre, which is right in front of the attraction.
- Bus AD122 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.