Vall de Núria Pyrenees Hiking Tour
Take a break from the city and travel to Vall de Núria, the most legendary valley of the Catalan Pyrenees mountains, and discover the Catalan countryside.
- Head out on an intimate, small-group tour with a maximum of 8 people.
- A passionate English or Spanish-speaking local guide will lead your tour.
- Explore Vall de Núria, one of the most iconic valleys of the Pyrenees.
- Enjoy the ride on the rack railway from Núria to Queralbs.
- The valley with the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Núria is surrounded by 2900-meter-tall peaks that showcase some of the country's most impressive landscapes.
- Transport by comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- English or Spanish-speaking UIMLA-certified mountain guide
- Guided hike
- Rack railway ticket (one-way)
- Bottled water
- Hiking poles
- Personal insurance
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48 hours before the schedule.
Journey from Barcelona to the charming village of Queralbs in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan. This is the gateway to Vall de Núria, a glacial valley that simply bursts with nature. It is only accessible via a rack railway or by foot, and you will start your Pyrenees hiking tour from here.
Follow the “Camí Vell” from Queralbs to Núria, one of the most striking hiking routes in Catalonia. This route has been used by pilgrims for centuries as a path to the Sanctuary. As such, it is filled with history and legends, which your guide will highlight for you. The route will take you through places like “Rocks del Dui,” a peak in Queralbs as well as the “Cua de Cavall” (horse’s tail) waterfall.
During your hike, explore the amazing flora and fauna of the Pyrenees and, if you’re lucky, spot some native wildlife. These include vultures, lizards, king eagles, or marmots in their natural habitat. Continue onwards to the Núria sanctuary, located in the heart of the Pyrenees. Surrounded by peaks of 2800 meters, it is home to some incredible legends, apart from having an immensely religious and cultural significance. Take some time off for lunch and explore the area around the Sanctuary. Descend from Vall de Núria, which is about 2,000 meters above sea level. Hop on the rack railway “Cremallera de Núria”, and admire the beautiful route that runs 12.5 km and goes down about 1,000 meters towards Queralbs.
know before you go
Tue, Thu, and Sat - 8:30 AM to 5 PM (approximately)
What to Bring
- Hiking/sport shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm mid-layer, gloves, and hoodie in the cold months
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Picnic and snacks
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at Passeig de Gràcia 26, Barcelona.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
The nearest metro station is Passeig de Gràcia. Catch the L2, L3, or L4 to get here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.