Vienna Woods & Mayerling Half-Day Tour
Explore the best of Austria, as you take a bus tour to the Vienna Woods highlands. Enjoy guided visits to Maerling, Baden, and Abbey Heiligenkreuz.
- Visit hidden gems of Austria with your expert English, Spanish or German-speaking guide.
- Enjoy hassle-free transfers from Vienna to each of these attractions.
- Immerse yourself in nature, as you take a bus tour through the serene Vienna Woods.
- Listen to your expert guide narrate the fateful events that took place at the memorial chapel at Mayerling.
- Explore one of the oldest Cistercian abbeys in the world - Abbey Heiligenkreuz.
- Take a walking tour through Baden, a spa town famous for its natural springs.
- Expert tour guide (English/Spanish/German)
- Entrance fees to memorial chapel Mayerling, Heiligenkreuz Abbey
- Transfers in a modern coach
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
The tour will start from the Vienna State Opera from where you'll travel to Vienna Woods. You'll pass by the old Roman spa town of Baden and through Helen’s valley. Enjoy comfortable transfers from Vienna to these attractions in a deluxe air-conditioned bus. The first stop of the tour is the village of Mayerling, at the memorial chapel built on a former hunting lodge. It was here in 1889, that crown prince Rudolf and his mistress Baroness Vetsera took their lives. You can learn about the fateful events that occurred that night while taking a tour of the memorial chapel and the adjoining showroom.
Next up is a visit to Heiligenkreuz Abbey, founded nearly 900 years back, in 1133. It continues to operate as an active monastery to this day. You will walk through the medieval cloister and see the burial site of the former Babenberger rulers. Finally, you will go to the old Roman town of Baden and will take a relaxing guided walking tour of the city. This brings the half-day tour to an end, and you will return to Vienna.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Wed and Sun: 9:15am
Infants under the age of 1 can go for free. Children aged 2-12 enjoy reduced price tickets (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your tour guide across Operngasse 8 next to the Opera fountain.
- Here, you will board your bus for the tour.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Operngasse 8, 1010 Wien.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The nearest bus stop is Oper, Karlsplatz U.
- The station is just a minute away from the meeting point.
- Buses #N71 and #N60 will get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.