Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Tour From Berlin
Explore Sachsenhausen, one of the first concentration camps established by the Third Reich, on this guided trip from Berlin.
- Visit the Sachsenhausen Memorial and Museum with an expert historian as your guide.
- See the punishment cells, gas chambers, and the gallows.
- Listen to stories of bravery by the prisoners, as well as the atrocities that took place at the camp.
- Discover how Germany operated during the days of the Third Reich.
- Sachsenhausen Memorial and Museum entry ticket
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Train ticket
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket 24 hours before the schedule.
Meet your tour guide at the Hackescher Markt and start your journey back in time. Take the train to the Sachsenhausen Memorial and Museum in Oranienburg. Over 200,000 people lived here - as prisoners - in Sachsenhausen between 1936 and 1945. Initially, the prisoners consisted of political opponents of the Nazi regime. Over time, the list of inhabitants went on to include people who were racially or biologically inferior as deemed by the National Socialists. Tens of thousands of people died here from starvation, disease, and/or mistreatment. Several were victims of extermination by the Schutzstaffel or the SS.
The death of the prisoners amounted to thousands more when the "death marches" took place after the evacuation of the camp in 1945. This was when 3,000 diseased prisoners, along with doctors and nurses who stayed behind in the camp, were rescued by Soviet and Polish soldiers. Your tour here includes a visit to the punishment cells, the gallows, and the gas chambers. You'll also get to see the burial pits inside the prison and listen to stories of bravery featuring the prisoners. Discover what chilling atrocities took place in the camp, which now serves as a national memorial dedicated to the prisoners who lived and died here.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
In order to impede the spread of COVID-19, the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Site requires that all visitors wear a mask throughout the entirety of their time at the site. Furthermore, the inside of each of the museums is currently closed. The guides have plenty of experience describing the contents of the museums, so the content of the tour remains unchanged.
- Tour runs in all weathers.
- ABC Day Pass is required.
- This tour is pram/stroller-accessible.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Photography is permitted.
Infants aged 0-3 go for free. Children aged 4-12, seniors aged 64 and above, as well as youths aged 12-26, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at the Hackescher Markt in front of Starbucks.
- Address: Neue Promenade 3,10178 Berlin.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
The following S-Bahn trains and trams stop at Hackescher Markt:
- S-Bahn: S5, S7, S75
- Tram: M1, M4, M5, M6, 12
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.