Hamburg Tour: Between the Port, Michel and Town Hall
Explore the best of Hamburg on this beautiful walking tour through the city. Discover the Old Elbe Tunnel, the Church of St. Michaelis, the neo-Renaissance city hall, and more!
- Dive into the rich history of the port city with your expert, interactive guide.
- Enjoy your experience in a small group of a maximum of 15 people.
- Hop in an elevator car to explore the historic old Elbe tunnel.
- Admire the beautiful architectural sights from different areas as you make your way to the Town Hall.
- 2-hour tour
- Expert guide
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
The tour starts from the Landungsbruecken, where you can catch clear views of the Port of Hamburg and the Elbe River. You will soon enter an underwater tunnel - the Old Elbe Tunnel. Then, make your way through the Portuguese Quarter while going to the City Hall. You will see the Scandinavian Seamen Churches, which are a great Christmas market in winter. You will then explore the Church of St Michaelis, also called the Michael, one of the five main Lutheran churches of Hamburg. You will also get a chance to go inside the Michael, and admire its lavishly decorated interiors.
Next up is a visit to the Krameramt, built during the 17th century, which are a series of historic buildings that are currently occupied by galleries, restaurants, shops, and a museum.
Next up you will visit the island in Hamburg’s center, Fleetinsel. Stroll down the most expensive shopping street in the city, from where you can see the tower of the City Hall. At the end of the street is the magnificent neo-Renaissance town hall. You will get a chance to visit the city hall’s inner courtyard and see the beautiful Hygieia fountain.
know before you go
Please wear comfortable shoes as the tour involves a fair amount of walking.
Every day at 2:00 pm, except Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to the tour guide. Students must show a valid student ID.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- Meet your guide at Landungsbrücken subway stop in front of the entrance/exit, at the beginning of the pedestrian bridge.
- Address: Landungsbrücken, 20359 Hamburg, Deutschland.
- Your guide will be standing at the railing and will either be carrying a blue shoulder bag that says “Schöne Hamburg” or holding a “Schöne-Hamburg-Schild”.
- By U-bahn or S-bahn: The U3 subways, as well as S1, S2, and S3 underground trains stop at the Landungsbrücken.
- By Bus: Buses #111 and #112 stop at the Landungsbrücken.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.