Half-Day Medieval Sacra di San Michele Tour from Torino
Set off from Turin in a private coach to explore the medieval Sacra di San Michele abbey along with an expert tour guide.
- Learn all about the iconic symbol of Piedmont from an expert guide.
- Journey in comfort by a private coach to the astounding location that overlooks the valley of the Val di Susa.
- Explore the abbey known worldwide as the inspiration behind Umberto Eco's celebrated novel "The Name of the Rose".
- Take in the breathtaking views of the Alps after climbing 243 steps to the Doorway of the Zodiac.
- Expert guide (English / Italian)
- Transfers in private coach
- Entrance fees to Sacra di San Michele
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Depart from Turin in a private coach and make your way to one of the most beautiful abbeys in the Italian Alps. Considered to be one of the most significant specimens of Romanesque architecture in Europe, the abbey is well-known as the inspiration behind Umberto Eco’s bestselling novel and a film adaptation starring Sean Connery and Christian Slater.
Your tour starts from the iconic "Staircase of the Dead". The steep stone staircase features an 18-meter high pillar that supports the floor of the church and the Tower of the Bell'Alda. Climb up 243 steps to the marble "Doorway of the Zodiac" (Porta dello Zodiaco). If you look closer, you can see cherubs pulling each other's hair on the 12th-century structure. The doorway offers breathtaking views of the valley and the ancient pilgrimage route of Via Francigena that are every bit worth the exertion. Take in your fill of the stunning beauty of the valley before starting your return journey to Turin.
know before you go
- Wearing FFP2 masks is mandatory.
- Wear comfortable shoes as the tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- The tour is available in English or Italian. You can select your preferred language during the next step of booking.
Every Sun at 9am.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide in front of Alfieri Theatre.
- Address: Piazza Solferino, 4, 10121 Torino TO, Italy.
- Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The closest bus stop is Solferino Cap. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board bus 29 to get you there.
- The closest tram stop is Bertola. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board trams 4 and 15 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.