Guided Tour of the Alhambra, Granada Cathedral and Royal Chapel
Watch history come to life as you explore parts of the Andalusian capital of Granada. Stroll through symbolic sites like the Cathedral, the Royal Chapel, and the palatial hilltop complexes of Alhambra and Generalife.
- Unpack Granada’s riveting political history and architectural influences on this 5-hour guided tour in English, Spanish, or French.
- Catch some stunning artwork along with the tombs of Isabella I and Ferdinand II in the Royal Chapel and Cathedral.
- Alhambra hosts Nasrid Palaces, the Gardens, and the city of Medina - once teeming with lively marketplaces, public baths, mosques, and homes.
- Circle within the Palace of Charles V and explore the hilltop’s western fortress Alcazaba.
- Also visit Generalife, the summer palace of Nasrid rulers, separated from Alhambra by the ravine Cuesta de Los Chinos.
- Make your tour group as personalized as you want; select up to 20 people to share this experience with.
- Expert guide (English, French, or Spanish)
- Skip-the-line access
- 2-hour tour of the Cathedral and Royal Chapel
- 3-hour tour of the Alhambra and Generalife
You can cancel these tickets up to 720 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Start Your Visit from the Center of Granada
The group meets their guide at Abside Shop. You will walk together to Pasiegas Square before entering the Cathedral. Once inside, expect a medley of intricate structural styles and discover the interesting truth of its foundations. Then, make your way down the street of Calle Officios, to Alcaicería - a quaint bazaar where you can get Moorish souvenirs. Next stop is the Royal Chapel, where you will hear the stories behind the vaults, arches, crypts, and tombs within this imperial mausoleum.
Bask in Architectural Extravagance
In the next part of your tour, climb up to the magnificent Moorish labyrinth of Alhambra, originally commissioned by Nasrid rulers in the 13th century and renovated by successors over the years. Perched on the Sabika Plateau overlooking Granada, this self-contained citadel has its own marketplaces, residences, gardens, sentinel posts, and a total of 6 palaces. Spend the last 3 hours of your tour traversing shimmering pools, expansive courtyards and ornate greenery between Alhambra and its luxurious neighbor Generalife.
know before you go
- Personal masks and social distancing is mandatory.
- This experience can accommodate a maximum of 20 people in one group.
- This activity involves moderate walking and is currently not wheelchair accessible.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- The Alhambra does not have a baby carrier or left-luggage service.
- The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought should not exceed 40 x 40 inches.
- Abside Shop
- Plaza de las Pasiegas
- Interior of the Cathedral
- Calle Oficios
- The Royal Chapel
- Access pavillion of the Alhambra
- Palace of Charles V
- Nasrid Palaces
Mon to Sat: 10am onward
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide outside Abside Shop.
- Address: Pl. de Villamena, 5, Local 1-2, 18001 Granada, Spain.
- Landmark: Behind the Cathedral, next to Gran Via de Colon.
- The closest bus stop is Gran Vía 14 - Catedral. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 8, 11, 21, 33 and 111 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.