Classic Half-Day Guided Tour of Lisbon
Soak up the historical and cultural heritage of Lisbon on this guided tour of some of its classic attractions like UNESCO sites Jeronimos Monastery and Belém Tower, the colorful Alfama district, and more.
- Enjoy the company of an expert guide with a tour offered in English, Spanish, French, or Portuguese.
- Learn about the architecture and significance of the must-visit Jeronimos Monastery and Belém Tower.
- Visit the National Coach Museum and ‘Monument to the Discoveries.
- The backdrop of the River Tagus will definitely enhance your experience of visiting these sites.
- A walking tour of the charming Alfama and Rossio districts is also included.
- Half-day guided tour in English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese
- Pick-up from central Lisbon hotels
- Entry ticket to the Coach Museum
- Entry tickets for any attractions not specified in the Inclusions
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any meals and drinks
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
On this Lisbon experience of the city’s most classic and must-visit attractions, get to know more about select landmarks with an expert guide who’ll conduct the tour in the language of your choice – English, Spanish, French, or Portuguese.
Attractions You'll Visit
Jeronimos Monastery: Located near the majestic River Tagus, this 16th-century UNESCO Heritage site is a former monastery of the Order of Saint Jerome. The final resting place of explorer Vasco da Gama and many other national poets and kings, soak up the intricate ‘Manueline’ style of architecture of the site which is known for its maritime-themed sculptures and motifs.
Belém Tower: This is another one of Lisbon’s treasures and a wonderful example of the famous ‘Manueline’ architectural style. A representation of Portugal's Age of Discovery, this UNESCO World Heritage site boasts many stonework motifs of historical figures and maritime animals. The Tower used to be an entry and exit point for sailors heading out on perilous voyages.
Monument to the Discoveries: First established in 1940 as part of the Portuguese World Exhibition, this eye-catching monument depicts 32 significant Portuguese characters from the age of the Discoveries such as navigators, cartographers, warriors, missionaries, and artists.
Coach Museum: Situated in the historic Belém district, this museum houses a rich and fascinating collection of vehicles from the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries including coaches, berlins, sedan chairs, and carriages.
Alfama & Rossio (walking tour): Explore one of the oldest districts of the city, full of character, cobbled streets, and murals. Rossio Square is the popular name of King Pedro IV Square. This area is also home to more quintessential Lisbon attractions like the Se Cathedral, the Castelo de São Jorge, the Panteão Nacional, and more.
know before you go
know before you go
- The Jeronimos Monastery and the Coach Museum are closed on Mondays. To replace both of them, a visit to the Palácio da Ajuda (Ajuda National Palace) will be arranged.
- Daily: 9am onwards
- This experience is not available on 25 Dec & 1 Jan.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at: Cityrama Gray Line Portugal.
- Address: Alameda Edgar Cardoso, 1070-051 Lisboa, Portugal.
- The closest bus stop is Marquês Pombal. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 712, 727, 732 to get you there.
- The closest subway stop is Marquês Pombal. It is a quick 3-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board subway AM, AZ to get you there.