Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Tour
Witness the enchanting beauty of the Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion against the spectacular backdrop of the Aegean Sea.
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the coastal roads of Athens and learn more about the Greek way of living.
- Take a stop at the Athenian Riviera to click some pictures with the breathtaking scenery in the background.
- Enjoy the beauty of the Temple of Poseidon and listen to the stories about the history of the temple from your expert guide.
- Witness the picturesque horizon against the waters of the Aegean Sea.
- Entrance fees to archaeological sites
- Air-conditioned coach
- Licensed tour guide
- Headsets to hear the guide better
- Legal taxes
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Meals and drinks
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Depart for Cape Sounion from Athens and immerse yourself in the local charm and beauty of Attica’s coastal roads of Athens. You’ll pass through several beautiful suburbs such as Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza, some idyllic beaches, islands, and more. Halt at the Athenian Riviera – one of the most breathtaking spots in Athens – and click some memorable pictures.
Once you reach the Cape Sounion, visit the monumental Temple of Poseidon. Built in the late 5th century BC and dedicated to the Greek God of the Sea, listen to more historical tales like those of Ariadne, Theseus, and Minotaur from your expert guide. Wander further and explore the Temple of Poseidon with a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea. The breathtaking view of the horizon is sure to be a perfect way to end the day.
know before you go
know before you go
- Drive from Athen to Cape Sounion (1 hour 30 min)
- Athens Riviera (15 min)
- Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon (1 hour)
- Drive back to Athens (1 hour 30 min)
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. It’s advisable to carry a sun hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water
- Photography is allowed.
Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat: 2:30pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly/shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at the main tour office: Tag Athens.
- Address: Athanasiou Diakou 16, 11742, Athens.
- The closest metro station is Acropoli, a 1-min walk from the meeting point.
- Metro Line 2 will bring you to this station.
- The closest bus stop is Makrygiannē, a 1-min walk from the meeting point.
- Buses 040, 230, and A2 or trolleybuses 1, 5, and 15 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.