HMS Belfast Admission Tickets
The HMS Belfast offers a great insight to what life was like onboard a ship during wartimes. Explore all nine decks of the historic battleship, discover stories of the crew who lived on board this Royal Navi light cruiser and enjoy a thrilling trip back in time!
- Experience the life of a navy sailor aboard a warship from the days of yore.
- From the Captain’s Bridge & engine rooms to the sailor’s mess deck & operations room, there are nine decks of history for visitors to explore.
- Take a step back in time on this audio-guided tour as you learn about historical events the ship was involved in over the years.
- Meet and interact with the staff and volunteers, many of whom are veteran crew.
A Historical Ship Journey
HMS Belfast is a museum ship, originally a Royal Navy light cruiser, permanently moored in London on the River Thames and operated by the Imperial War Museum. Launched on St. Patrick’s day in 1938, she is the only surviving ship of her type to have been active during World War II and the Korean War. One of the most powerful large light cruisers ever built, she served with distinction in both these wars.
HMS Belfast, in 1978 was converted into a museum, citing the ship as “a unique demonstration of an important phase of British history and technology”. Book this family experience as this is a unique chance to come down to the Thames and explore nine decks of seafaring history onboard the HMS Belfast.
A Warship Full of Memories
During the visit, you will get to see different parts of the ship. Each of its decks and rooms offer fascinating stories. With an audio-guide for company, you will learn all about the history of this ship from Arctic Convoys to D-Day, its role in the Cold War and beyond. The magnitude of operations that were undertaken on this ship become visible to you when you visit the cockpit, the captain's cabin, and the cannons used to fight against the enemy. You also get a first-hand account of World War II in the form of interesting anecdotes given by wartime veterans.
- Admission Tickets
- Audio Guide (available in English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Mandarin, Polish, Russian and Spanish).
- Hotel Transfers
Know Before You Go
1st November – 26th February
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Daily (Last Admission: 4:00 pm)
27th February – 31st October
10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Daily (Last Admission: 5:00 pm)
There is wheelchair access to the main deck of HMS Belfast but there is no access below deck due to the nature of the ship.
The nearest stations are London Bridge (a five-minute walk away), or Tower Hill (a 20-minute walk away)
The nearest drop-off point is on Tooley Street
The nearest station is London Bridge (a five-minute walk away)
You can take any route that goes to London Bridge.
Many major boat tours provide drop-off points at the Tower Bridge Pier.
There are no parking spaces for HMS Belfast visitors; however, there is paid parking available in the surrounding areas.
- Small children (below 120 cm) will not be allowed to enter certain levels of the ship.
- There are toilet facilities on board as well as a small cafe for anyone seeking refreshments.
- Children under 16 years need to be accompanied by an adult.
- HMS Belfast is accessible to parents with prams, push chairs and strollers throughout '2' deck and the main passage way through the ship.
- Large bags or suitcases are not permitted on board.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded or rescheduled.
- Your tickets will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. You must carry a printed copy of the same.
- Please display the tickets along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at the entrance of HMS Belfast.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - HMS Belfast.
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen during purchase.