Athens Food Market Tour and Greek Taverna Lunch
Walk past food stalls, coffee shops, open-air markets, and well-hidden tavernas to discover the authentic Greek cuisine in all its glory.
- Take to the vibrant streets of the Athens Central Municipal Market for a culinary tour.
- Share your love for Greek food with your expert tour guide and learn facts as you go.
- Taste various Greek snacks, food, ingredients, and drinks from local vendors.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch of Greek tapas and house wine at a local taverna.
- Visit one of the oldest family-owned distilleries in Greece and taste spirits and liqueurs.
- This guided tour is available in English, Spanish & Greek as private or shared tours.
- Expert tour guide
- Lunch in a local taverna
- Liquor tasting
- Hotel transfers
- Additional food/drink
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
A culinary experience that lets you feel the beating heart of the city while sampling delicious street food is here for you! Walk through food stalls, coffee shops, open-air markets, and well-hidden tavernas with an expert guide by your side. Let your senses lead the way as you walk through this local good market, a year-round food oasis. Mingle with the locals and partake in the daily shopping routine as you find out the ingredients that make up most of the Greek food. A heaven for foodies and a market like no other!
Taste snacks like Kalamata olives and world-class pistachios from Aegina island as you pass along local sellers. You'll then enjoy an authentic Greek lunch in a local taverna with Greek tapas and house wine. The last stop on this trip is to a family-owned distillery founded in 1897! Taste some of the best spirits/liqueurs of Greece- chief among them, the Mastiha liqueur and the world-famous Ouzo.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Shared Group Tour
- Greek-Guided Shared Group Tour
- Spanish-Guided Shared Group Tour
- English-Guided Private Group Tour
- Greek-Guided Private Group Tour
- Spanish-Guided Private Group Tour
- Recommended: Comfortable shoes, hat and sunscreen in summers.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Infants aged 3 and below go free. Children aged 4-16 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your guide at Aiolou 87 street, right in front of Krinos eatery.
- The closest bus stop is Euripidou, a 1-min walk to the meeting point.
- Buses 25, 26 & 27 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.