Florence Duomo Guided Tour With Reserved Entrance
Admire the incredible beauty of Florence's Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore on this comprehensive guided tour and save hours of queuing with these reserved entry tickets. Learn about the history of this monument and how it evolved over the centuries to become the crown jewel of Florence.
- Our expert guide will give you a sweeping tour of Florence's crown jewel, the Duomo with an account of how it was built.
- These reserved entry tickets will let you step into the building and experience the Duomo without any hassle.
- Audio headsets will be provided so that you do not miss any detail of the explanation given by the guide.
- A tour group of 20-25 guests or fewer guarantees an intimate experience.
Immerse Yourself in the Duomo's Rich History
On this tour, you get to explore the inner sanctums of the Duomo and have ample amount of time to breathe in its magnificence. An old church dedicated to Saint Reparata stood in the place of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore as far back as 393 AD. Many 14th Century reports spoke of the crumbling church before renovations began in the late 13th Century. The Italian architect and sculptor Arnolfo di Cambio added a gothic flavor to the monument when he redesigned it in 1296. The structure was completed in 1436 when the legendary engineer Filippo Brunelleschi added its characteristic dome. In the 19th Century, Emilio De Fabris added a facade to the exterior in a Gothic Revival fashion. The Piazza del Duomo, which encompasses the Baptistery and Giotto’s Campanile, has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Florence Duomo is the largest brick dome in the world and you get to witness its overwhelming scale.
Enjoy Reserved Entry Privilege and the Company of a Local Expert While Visiting the Duomo's Beautiful Interiors
The story of the lofty Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and its Duomo are just as intriguing as the structure itself. With these tickets, you get special access that is reserved for pre-booked customers. Your guide will take you through the cathedral and explain all its interesting aspects. You will learn about how the engineers of the 14th and 15th Century worked to construct a dome as sublime as the Florence Duomo, and how Brunelleschi came up with a revolutionary way to design and build the dome. The exquisite marble floors and stained-glass windows are unmatched in their beauty. Vasari’s ‘The Last Judgement’ is only one amongst the many charming frescos housed in the cathedral. There is much to see and admire in this amazing cathedral.
By the end of your Duomo walking tour, you won’t just have “seen” Florence’s most famous cathedral; you’ll have discovered its history, stories, and what makes it so notable.
- An expert local expert
- Reserved entry to Duomo Florence
- Entry tickets to the Museo Della Misericordia
- Dedicated headsets
- Group size of 20-25 guests
Know Before You Go
Even with reserved entry tickets, a 15 - 30 minutes wait in line can occur due to the processing at the entrance. Please be patient with regard to the same.
The duration of this tour is 1 hour.
English, Spanish, and Italian.
When visiting the Florence Duomo, please ensure that the knees and shoulders are covered for both men and women. Caps and hats should not be worn inside as well.
This tour is accessible by wheelchair.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.