Guided Tour of Elbphilharmonie
Go on an exquisite guided tour of Hamburg’s most recent architectural marvel, the Elbphilharmonie. Visit the plaza and take in the breathtaking view of the beautiful city of Hamburg from your unique vantage point!
- Enjoy a tour of the Elbphilharmonie, the impressive concert venue that towers over HafenCity and the Elbe
- Get insider details about the buildings in the company of an expert local guide
- The tour includes a visit to the plaza from where you will be able to bask in brilliant views of Hamburg
- The tour lasts for about 1 hour, but still covers all the important sights of the Elbphilharmonie
- 1-hour walking tour
- Tour guide tested and certified by the Elbphilharmonie (German or English-speaking)
- Visit to the concert halls
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule
Nestled in the HafenCity quarter of the Hamburg-Mitte district, the Elbphilharmonie sits on the gorgeous Grasbrook peninsula of the Elbe River. Your tour starts at the Baumwall underground station, from where you can already feel the unique atmosphere and breathtaking charisma of the Elbphilharmonie. As you walk towards the incredible structure, you will get an opportunity to soak in the splendid sights in the ‘Grosser Grasbrook’ area, which has recently become the site of the largest urban redevelopment project in the entire continent. You might be able to spot some of the buildings and container ships from the old ‘Hamburg Free Port’ as well.
Take the curved escalator that connects the ground floor and the Plaza, an observation deck on the 8th floor of the brick section. From this vantage point, you will get an opportunity to gaze at the splendid city of Hamburg that stretches into the distance. Your guide will briefly explain the history of the concert hall and the old warehouse building below. You will learn about the various nuances of the Elbphilharmonie that make it one of the top venues in the world for concerts. Part of the Elbphilharmonie’s astounding brilliance is that the modern exterior hides the world’s most scrupulously designed interiors, especially the famed concert halls that are widely considered to be acoustically perfect.
know before you go
This ticket offers the following options you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- The concert halls are not visited on this tour
- Appointments are confirmed according to the Elbphilharmonie and its limited Plaza ticket contingent for guided tours. If no more Plaza tickets are issued, we will contact you and try to find a suitable alternative date as soon as possible. In exceptional cases, the tour guide may then report on the Elbphilharmonie from outside
- You can still go to the plaza free of charge after the official tour if the tour should only take place from outside
The tour runs on all days of the week in German at 11 AM, 1.30 PM, 3 PM, and 5 PM. The English tour is available every day of the week at 1 PM.
The duration of the tour is approximately 1 hour.
Children aged 0-6 go in for free. Simply display a valid photo ID to the guide to gain entry. Youths aged 7-13yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- You will receive an email confirmation along with your mobile voucher shortly
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at the U-Bahn station Baumwall, (exit direction Kehrwiederspitze / entrance Kehrwiederspitze)
- This is located at the foot of the stairs in front of the “Back Shop” (kiosk) under the railway bridge
- Address: 20459 Hamburg, Germany
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Baumwall (Elbphilharmonie)
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
You can get to the Baumwall station by:
- Bus: 112,35 & 6
- Train: RB41
- Subway: U3
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected at the time of booking